GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
    Well I spoke to soon... It arrived this morning from a different company AGAIN this time credit solutions?
    Investigation eh? Lets hope that take a while
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
      Investigation eh? Lets hope that take a while
      And I like the word complaint.

Comment

in the post I got an application for a capital one card in my name, surely they must cross reference addresses and realise my partner has one his not paying?
        Nope, his credit profile is totally separate to you - it's a marketing ploy but they wouldn't link you unless you already shared a financial relationship (linked)
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Nope, his credit profile is totally separate to you - it's a marketing ploy but they wouldn't link you unless you already shared a financial relationship (linked)
          Which we haven't but something going on because i wish i could post this text I had this morning from vanquis saying to progress your card application we need to speak to you please phone bla bla quoting refernce bla bla... this is all getting weird.

Comment

Which we haven't but something going on because i wish i could post this text I had this morning from vanquis saying to progress your card application we need to speak to you please phone bla bla quoting refernce bla bla... this is all getting weird.
            well someone has applied for vanquis in your name...... that is normal if you applied. have you? has your partner done it maybe?

If you are dubious and have not applied call the main vanquis number and ask them directly - do not however cal lthe number from any text. Main Vanquis number is - 0871 770 5555
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No have not applied for any cards and wouldnt cap one or vanquis as partner has them & cant pay them.... I wouldnt anyway as certain iv been "blacklisted" since having to make a payment plan on morgan stanley a few years back.

Comment

No have not applied for any cards and wouldnt cap one or vanquis as partner has them & cant pay them.... I wouldnt anyway as certain iv been "blacklisted" since having to make a payment plan on morgan stanley a few years back.
                Ok don't call them, just ignore the text etc....

Were you an additional cardholder on partners old accounts? Out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Ok don't call them, just ignore the text etc....

Were you an additional cardholder on partners old accounts? Out of interest?
                  No had nothing together except one building society account opened maybe about 5 yrs ago

Comment

Hi, still no news on the cca,s from capital one & vanquis, do i do anything or assume they are dealing with it?

Comment

• Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Hi, still no news on the cca,s from capital one & vanquis, do i do anything or assume they are dealing with it?
                      Do nothing for now.....
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good morning! well today brought a surprise, I received some papers from lloyds & its something that I must have forgot about because its not what I asked for, its a different reference number and regards a personal loan and not a credit card dating back to 2004, looks like a zero balance but Im not sure. Its a bit strange because I cant remember even having it let alone paying it up. Old age kicking in. It still says enforcible on it though so wtf? think I will be scanning and sedding to Niddy if thats ok. And I have just realised this is my old bank account that I had with my ex hubby, can I claim back the ppi lol

EMAILED TO NIDDY!
                        Last edited by joshing; 22 June 2013, 10:12.

Comment

Hi everyone, received letter from barclaycard this morning, it must have bought up morgan stanley as thats the credit card I had, anyway they say yes its unenforcible but they intend to collect. Also had letter from Apex included to say contact them regarding this. Whats my next step and can they call in balliffs?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	edited.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1394578

Click image for larger version

Name:	img054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1394580

Comment

Well done you keep that letter very safe.

Until they find the agreement then you win. Seemingly they cant.

Doesnt stop them playing head games with you but with that letter you are in the driving seat with this one. Baliffs aint coming so dont you be worrying.

Just follow the advice from the site team and go for SB now.

This one is no longer being paid is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                              Well done you keep that letter very safe.

Until they find the agreement then you win. Seemingly they cant.

Doesnt stop them playing head games with you but with that letter you are in the driving seat with this one. Baliffs aint coming so dont you be worrying.

Just follow the advice from the site team and go for SB now.

This one is no longer being paid is it?

No, stopped paying it 2 months ago, it was on a repayment plan with apex but they kept bugging me for more each month. Whats SB?

Comment

Hi Jilly,
                                This is the letter we all hope to get!

It means it's unenforceable in court, so as Ken says, no bailiffs will darken your doorstep. All they can do is ask for the money on moral grounds, or make veiled threats. No court and no CCJ whilever they cannot provide it.
                                Time to ignore them. Keep that letter safely on file. Make a note (with any evidence eg statement) of the date of last payment you made to them. In fact note it on here for the record then we can work out your Statute Barred date
                                Keep us informed of anything else they send so we can discuss whether it needs any response.

Well done!!!!

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                                X