GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Hi Jilly,
    Nothing to worry about in either of those. They can't do anything while they're in default of your CCA requests. I would ignore for now if it was me.
    Am I right in thinking Vanquis have not defaulted you and are still charging you interest?
    If so then they'll shortly issue a default notice (ignore) then terminate the account, which is good as it should stop the damn interest - which they should have frozen anyway when they became aware of your financial difficulties.

I'm glad you're gaining confidence from the site, it makes such a difference to share the problem and realise you don't have to be afraid of their silly automated threats

Vanquis did freeze interest for 6 months, havent had statement since they passed to impact. Not paid this for 3 months.

Comment

ok my partner is having calls again, putting the phone down as soon as we realise who it is, can they really ignore the fact that we have sent cca,s and not received them?

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
        can they really ignore the fact that we have sent cca,s and not received them?
        yes

Well they shouldn't - but they do..... just sit tight and await a reply to your requests.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If I answer Is it ok to say iv sent of for cca or just leave it.

Comment

If I answer Is it ok to say iv sent of for cca or just leave it.
            If they call and you answer, as soon as they declare where they are calling from you hang up and say nothing else....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok thank you.

Comment

Impact on behalf of vanquis called again today albeit automated, still no sign of cca..... they must be ignoring our request as they are well past the time.

Comment

Impact on behalf of vanquis called again today albeit automated, still no sign of cca..... they must be ignoring our request as they are well past the time.
                  Hang in there Jill. I know its a pain in the neck at the moment. I remember the days of my phone ringing when i had Google Navigator running which was a nuisance as it stopped my directions
                  They will hopefully get fed up with it soon.
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                    Hang in there Jill. I know its a pain in the neck at the moment. I remember the days of my phone ringing when i had Google Navigator running which was a nuisance as it stopped my directions
                    They will hopefully get fed up with it soon.
                    They keep ringing my partners mobile too he gets a bit anxious but I wont let him answer... just wish they would accept the fact they have NOT sent what I asked for.

Comment

Still ringing AND leaving messages to ring urgently! I really wanna say where is our bloody paperwork we asked for!!!!

Comment

They keep ringing my partners mobile too he gets a bit anxious but I wont let him answer... just wish they would accept the fact they have NOT sent what I asked for.
                        Still ringing AND leaving messages to ring urgently! I really wanna say where is our bloody paperwork we asked for!!!!
                        Is it just (just as if one phone isn't bad enough!) the mobile they are calling Jill?
                        If so, you could either install a blocker application and tell it to drop that number, or save it as a contact so you know to ignore it.
                        or
                        You could answer and just fail the security questions.
                        Personally, i think ignore/drop the call is the better option as they may think you have changed your number after a few days. Be warned they may try and call from another number to see if it is active, so only answer contacts in your phone book.

I know this is frustrating but can only compare it to teething whereby the pain does go away.

Assuming your partner doesn't rely on answer messages, you could always switch it off - even if temporarily.
                        Personally i don't use them because it allows this type of thing - and other not so other menacing sales calls the medium to increase blood pressure. If i miss a call from someone in my phone book, i call them back. If i don't recognize the number/don't want to - i don't.
                        Last edited by SA Gold; 26 June 2013, 13:32.
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                          Is it just (just as if one phone isn't bad enough!) the mobile they are calling Jill?
                          If so, you could either install a blocker application and tell it to drop that number, or save it as a contact so you know to ignore it.
                          or
                          You could answer and just fail the security questions.
                          Personally, i think ignore/drop the call is the better option as they may think you have changed your number after a few days. Be warned they may try and call from another number to see if it is active, so only answer contacts in your phone book.

I know this is frustrating but can only compare it to teething whereby the pain does go away.

Assuming your partner doesn't rely on answer messages, you could always switch it off - even if temporarily.
                          Personally i don't use them because it allows this type of thing - and other not so other menacing sales calls the medium to increase blood pressure. If i miss a call from someone in my phone book, i call them back. If i don't recognize the number/don't want to - i don't.

We have by now realised that they call from LOADS of different numbers so just dont answer the mobile, the home phone well it dont connect straight away so we know its them and put it down. I will look into a blocker ap as my partner does gets anxious, he thinks someone will knock on the door and take all his stuff..lol...I keep telling him they cant get past security door anyway.

I still have the urge to send something rude to make them stop ringing and send the darn cca,s its obvious they havent got them or they would have sent. BUT im doing as im told by Niddy and sitting tight.

Comment

We have by now realised that they call from LOADS of different numbers so just dont answer the mobile, the home phone well it dont connect straight away so we know its them and put it down.
                            not sure what platform your partners mobile is running Jill but just check the app has the option to drop everything not in the phone book.

I will look into a blocker ap as my partner does gets anxious, he thinks someone will knock on the door and take all his stuff..lol...I keep telling him they cant get past security door anyway.

I still have the urge to send something rude to make them stop ringing and send the darn cca,s its obvious they havent got them or they would have sent. BUT im doing as im told by Niddy and sitting tight.
                            Ah this is understandable. Most people are unaware of the rights, or rather lack of them in this case (!), that anyone who did (and if they did turn up) have until they are in debt. Most people visualize Robocop turning up and taking everything. This just doesn't happen.

If its any consolation, i once lived in a flat where the previous owner had done a runner on British Gas. Several "field agents" turned up and were pensioners - not quite 007 that these crappy letters would have you believe.

Sit tight, and ride this out because some time soon they will move on to the next person on their list.
                            Last edited by SA Gold; 26 June 2013, 14:05.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar edited 2nd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1394666
                              Morning! another letter this morning from cougar regarding cca, they say now well you can read it, not received request, I have the receipt for postal order and recorded delivery dated 21st may. IT WAS SENT TO THEM. Do I have to send to capital one as well? Next move please?

Comment

Next move please?
                                Hi Jill,
                                I am interested to what the next move would be here, too.
                                I guess it may be a one-liner with a copy of your CCA request and proof of signature, or it could be a fresh one to cover all bases.
                                I would wait until one of the mods has chance to pop in and advice on this. It's likely there is a template for this, although can't see for looking at the moment.

Best,
                                Missy
                                Last edited by SA Gold; 27 June 2013, 09:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X