GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CAPS ESC General Debt Matters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPS ESC General Debt Matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPS ESC General Debt Matters

Hi all,
    I've been looking over a letter to my OH from Bryan Carter solicitors, and it somewhat excites my paranoid tendencies.

In the headed address their contact phone number has been omitted and a non-phone number printed in its place.(HARDLY NOTICEABLE) This new number is actually the same as their reference number further down.

Do you think this could be an attempt to identify this letter if it ever gets uploaded? (I do) And what benefit would that give them?
    Furthermore the addresses given appear to be duds- obviously effects delivery of responses to LBAs
    Any thoughts anyone

Re: CAPS ESC General Debt Matters

Originally posted by CAPS ESC View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been looking over a letter to my OH from Bryan Carter solicitors, and it somewhat excites my paranoid tendencies.

In the headed address their contact phone number has been omitted and a non-phone number printed in its place.(HARDLY NOTICEABLE) This new number is actually the same as their reference number further down.

Do you think this could be an attempt to identify this letter if it ever gets uploaded? (I do) And what benefit would that give them?
    Furthermore the addresses given appear to be duds- obviously effects delivery of responses to LBAs
    Any thoughts anyone
    It wouldn't surprise me....

What are the dud addresses?
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

its the same address top and bottom but the post code doesn't tally on google maps

11 de havilland drive, Weybridge
      Surrey
      KT13 0YP

Comment

The registered office is usually a different address and i often send a duplicate letter to the footer address to cover myself

Comment

I do often wonder why people feel the need to post scans in such detail? Just the block of text in the main body of the letter that shows what you are querying is all that is really needed.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They're in the same building as Freds. though anyway. Freds signed for one my letters with "Carter" while at the same time trying to claim that neither had any idea what the other was doing.

No joined up thinking there then....

Remember the mantra:

Comment

totally agree rizzle, especially now I've seen this apparent trickery 1st hand.

Comment

interesting P1
                do you think the following would be acceptable as they appear to be acting with the one n other in this case

Bryan Carter
                C/o Fredrick International Ltd
                PO BOX 260
                Weybridge
                Surrey
                KT13 0HY

Dear Bryan Carter & Fredrickson Int. Ltd.

Reference No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please forward a copy of this letter to Bryan Carter Solicitors before xxxxxxx

I write in response to your letter dated xxxx

Comment

interesting P1
                  do you think the following would be acceptable as they appear to be acting with the one n other in this case

Bryan Carter
                  C/o Fredrick International Ltd
                  PO BOX 260
                  Weybridge
                  Surrey
                  KT13 0HY

Dear Bryan Carter & Fredrickson Int. Ltd.

Reference No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please forward a copy of this letter to Bryan Carter Solicitors before xxxxxxx

I write in response to your letter dated xxxx
                  You can do it any way you like..... although because I like to cover all bases, they got a letter each from me.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

ur right P1

i'll find a workable address for them,

After what i've been hearing about Carter, I'd better be careful.

Thanks guys

Comment

Just check the law society.

--> Find a solicitor - The Law Society
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thanks nids

Comment

ok its the same address with the law soc. as what i have already

when I try to check the postcode against the address with RoyalMail
                          look what comes up; (did i mention my paranoia)

Fredrickson International Ltd, Persimmon House De Havilland Drive,Brooklands Business Park, WEYBRIDGE, KT13 0NT

Ubiquiem Ltd, Control Tower, 12 De Havilland Drive,Brooklands Business Park, WEYBRIDGE, KT13 0YP

Ubiquiem Ltd (next door) has Bryan Carters post code.

So I guess it will be the standard address/Pcode if roayal mail will accept it.

I'LL SEND TO 2 X FRED'S ADRESSES & 1 TO CARTERS
                          Last edited by CAPS ESC; 28 April 2013, 21:29.

Comment

I think your paranoia's definitely creeping in

I've written to Bryan Carter 3 times at that address for 2 different debts. It didn't take them long to realise I was a lost cause

I wouldn't waste your money paying for3 lots of postage...I'd just send one letter to Bryan Carter at the address you've got.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

ok its the same address with the law soc. as what i have already

when I try to check the postcode against the address with RoyalMail
                              look what comes up; (did i mention my paranoia)

Fredrickson International Ltd, Persimmon House De Havilland Drive,Brooklands Business Park, WEYBRIDGE, KT13 0NT

Ubiquiem Ltd, Control Tower, 12 De Havilland Drive,Brooklands Business Park, WEYBRIDGE, KT13 0YP

Ubiquiem Ltd (next door) has Bryan Carters post code.

So I guess it will be the standard address/Pcode if roayal mail will accept it.

I'LL SEND TO 2 X FRED'S ADRESSES & 1 TO CARTERS
                              I really don't see what you're trying to achieve.... I told you the address, from Law Society - so what if others share it

27 other businesses that I know of, share our postcode (shared utility building).... who says that any staff are at their registered office? It could be a postal address only
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X