GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Real Puzzler??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Puzzler???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Puzzler???

Hi folks

Have just received the attached letter this morning and I'm at a complete loss as to what it's about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1414374
    I have no connection with the 'Bank of Scotland' as far as I'm aware.

I haven't edited the letter in any way. It contains no account information, has no reference numbers. Doesn't say how much I supposedly owe or for what.

I am completely and utterly baffled by it.

Has anyone had anything similar to this in the past?

Re: Real Puzzler???

Do you have a credit card debt that is with one of the Bank of Scotland group?

I wouldn't worry that they're going to turn up on your doorstep...it says "our representative will be calling your home" not "our representative will be calling at your home." This is deliberately designed to mislead and panic you into phoning them.

Likewise, the fact that there are no details of any account is also an attempt to get you to phone them...which of course you wouldn't because you know better being a member here
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Do you have a credit card debt that is with one of the Bank of Scotland group?
      At first I thought it may be connected to my Halifax debts, but as I understand it, the 'Bank of Scotland' is not connected with the 'Royal Bank of Scotland' which of course IS connected with the 'Halifax'

I'm not sure what other financial institutions may be connected to the 'Bank of Scotland' so any ideas on that one would be much appreciated.

It still remains a bit of a mystery.

Comment

Fishing?

Comment

I don't think I would be doing anything, the letter is just a nothing letter, and as you know not to talk to them on the phone and communicate by letter only I would be filing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Admax View Post
            At first I thought it may be connected to my Halifax debts, but as I understand it, the 'Bank of Scotland' is not connected with the 'Royal Bank of Scotland' which of course IS connected with the 'Halifax'

I'm not sure what other financial institutions may be connected to the 'Bank of Scotland' so any ideas on that one would be much appreciated.

Halifax is connected to the bank of scotland, HBOS, is Halifax bank of scotland, my BoS creditcard comes under this heading
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Admax View Post

Admax.......... Bank of Soctland IS connected with Halifax.......it is the Royal Bank of Scotland wich is Not conected to any other bank.

Comment

Made a few more enquiries and yes it does seem to be connected to the 'Halifax' to whom I owe money.

Have decided to completely ignore it as I am already in correspondence with Halifax over my personal loan.

Comment

I wouldnt hold my breath though....I had a ton of those type letters & nobody ever turned up

at one stage i'm sure I had enough to paper the downstairs loo in my old place!!

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                    Admax.......... Bank of Soctland IS connected with Halifax.......it is the Royal Bank of Scotland wich is Not conected to any other bank.
                    Thanks I2D...

my mistake I thought it was the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                      it is the Royal Bank of Scotland wich is Not conected to any other bank.
                      Irrelavent to this conversation, but RBS is linked to Natwest.

Comment

and Ulster bank

Comment

& coutts - if we really want to elaborate to the extreme
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

you calling Northern Ireland an extremity???

Comment

So have we established whether the op owns a debt related to BOS? seem to have gotten side tracked lol.

If so, id consider moving my money out of any account linked with BOS asap.

Go down the road and open a barclays account or something (providing you have no CC with them either lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X