GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Couple of questions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

I wonder if anyone can tell me if vanquish write to your employers? My debts become SB by the end of 2014 and I was thinking of applying as I am having to travel a bit with work and it can be embarrassing if it's the end of the month and I don't have the cash to pay for hotels etc. however the finance manager is very unprofessional and I know if she got a wiff I was in debt it would be all over the company. She would know what these cards are so want to just check whether anyone knows the protocol?

Also with around 8 months to go to SB would applying wake up the dca's if there was activity on my credit file?

Thanks

Jane x

Re: Couple of questions

You should be fine with a Vanquis card.....normally start you off with a £500 limit.

I got one about 6 months ago....must of my debts reach SB Oct this year......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My OH applied and got a card with a 3 year old CCJ. Nothing to employer. But a most definite upsurge in DCA activity. One even wrote something along the lines that she was obtaining more credit. So if anyone thinks CRA's do anything else than rat us all out.

Comment

Thanks both, on reflection then I think I'll wait - would rather not risk setting the hounds off...... I am rather hoping I can just keep my head down for the next 8 months.....

Jane x

Comment

You'll be fine. Apply. It won't cause you any hassle. Plus they sometimes decline the first application. So it's worth it; you'll be fine. No they do not contact employers. No lender does (other than mortgages)...
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
            I am having to travel a bit with work and it can be embarrassing if it's the end of the month and I don't have the cash to pay for hotels etc
            Jane

My daughter has the same problem but she goes to the Bank of Mum to solve her cash-flow problems Recently I've trained her to ask her employer to give her an advance against her travel expenses and that is now working nicely. Is that an option for you?

Plan B xx

Comment

Lol who would have kids hey! That's the reason I am always broke

I have pm'd you with the reasons that won't work at my employers suffice to say Rottweiler holding the purse strings!

Jane x

Comment

Can't your employer provide you with a company credit card? Its usually a standard thing to provide if employees are required to travel.

Alternatively (especially if you have a Rottweiler holding the budgets), suggest that if you're required to travel on company business that you would expect your employer to pre-book and pay any flight/hotels for you.

That way Rottweiler can negotiate a deal with a corporate travel agent to get better rates (though have to say my own experience is I get better deals booking directly as, like everything else, some travel agencies are incentivised to book with certain chains or get bonuses for booking flights via certain routes so don't always book whats the best value for you!).
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X