GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bargaining Tool - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargaining Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargaining Tool

Hope this is in the right section...

Are there any things which can be used as bargaining tools (if the name is appropriate at all)?
    I have SARed one of my, sadly, not UE debt (post April 2007) to claim back charges or rather offer F&F on adjusted balance.
    But they have cocked it up and among all papers related to my account they have sent me also somesone else's sensitive letter explaining that person financial hardship situation and offering reduced payments and so on.
    I suppose it is a (serious?) breach of DPA.
    Prior to receiving SAR papers I had some number in my mind to put in F&F. Now, I still think about the same number as F&F, but I'd like to "push" them to accept it in exchange for "forgetting" about their DPA breach.
    I have all contact details of the "affected" person, full account number, knowledge about job situation, etc.
    Is my plan viable (and not to cheeky)?
    The debt is currently with OC (returned back to them from DCA).
    My offer would be around 27% of current balance (29% after claiming back charges).
    I offered them cca 21% a few months back - offer was sent to DCA and then passed to "their client". Never received the reply, so I take it as the offer has been refused. I have been paying them £1 token for the last six months but it's time to update them about my current situation and in fact inform them I will continue to pay £1 tokens.
    Maybe I should ask for "writing off" the balance? Me, cheeky sod... It would be :xmas9 coming early ;-)

Any opinions?

Re: Bargaining Tool

You cannot blackmail the bank lol. You could contact the ico and complain or complain to the bank that you're upset at this cos your info *could* have also gone astray and ask for comp before going to the regulatory body lol.

That's called industrial blackmail which sounds better than bluntly blackmailing em for cash for info lol
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Bargaining Tool

Thought so it was too bold...
      Oh well, will follow your advice - hopefully they will "co-operate" ;-y
      But am not holding my breath ;Hmm

Comment

Working...
      X