GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What are the chances - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances

....... of Egg accepting a Full and Final offer off of Mr Looloo........??

He owes them around 15K and had never missed a payment and does not have any defaults issued against him. As part of his divorce settlement he has money to pay this off - and he can actually pay it off in full..... but just wondered if you think it was worth our while making a cheeky little offer to start with?

Re: What are the chances

I dooo, just say your going through a divorce and you feel money is going to be tight but you have X amout saved up that you would like to offer as a repayment

but niddy can advise betta then me!

Comment

Cheers Jen - i guess it is worth a shot - worse they can say is No eh!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
        Cheers Jen - i guess it is worth a shot - worse they can say is No eh!
        Pointless waste of time Sunny - They will not accept, he needs to be in arrears first otherwise we'd all "haggle" loans etc....

If he has a clear credit file then i'd suggest repaying it, if he repays early they will knock off interest etc - alternatively default it and then haggle for a £5k offer with the DCA - but not advisable really....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Nid - I'll just get him to repay it.

Comment

What is the balance and how long left to repay? Does it have ppi,?

Don't pay yet. Til you answer the above. Me has a cunning plan to save "a few quid"!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nid - its a credit card not loan............ and he doesn't think he took out any PPI - but I am getting him to check his statements.

So I don't think there is much we can do but just pay it and get rid I guess....

Comment

Just checked he has no PPI - so I think he has no option but just to settle....

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
                  Just checked he has no PPI - so I think he has no option but just to settle....
                  Yea, unless he defaults then he needs to settle really. However no harm in asking for a deal if he clears in full at next statement....?

They can only say no, right?

Comment

Cheers nid. Worst thing they can say is no. Worth a shot. Will let you know the outcome

Comment

Working...
                    X