GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Out of employment on sick, income halved - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of employment on sick, income halved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of employment on sick, income halved

I'm posting on behalf of a family friend.

Basically, he have a loan and a number of Credit Cards. I advised him to claim back PPI so he has gone away to do this. One of his Credit Cards has come back opened in 2004 and closed in 2011 (He owe £13,500 on this card), his interest payments is over £300 per month. He has been unable to pay for 2 months and they are requesting over £1000 now.

He has been out of work for 3 months now, continually in and out of hospital. Apparently the PPI on his other cards are looking at submitting claims and will meet his payments whilst he is out of work. He is 58 and his health is diminishing. What could he do? Would it be worth claiming financial hardship? He is on Statutory Sick Pay and no longer has overtime so his income has been more than halved. Would it be worth requesting a copy of the agreement to see if it is unenforceable? He has 2 Credit Cards under 1 account or something.

He has contacted his mortgage company who advised that he needs not make payments this month and to carry on as normal next month. He has been into the Bank but no one seems interested. Do banks have to abide the Lending Code? Could he have interest freezed so that he can at least pay off the capital sum? Is this something you can do over the phone or just in branch?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Out of employment on sick, income halved

Danny your're friend really needs to post up his details so that we know the whole story. There are several ways to cope with all of this but no one can help until we know the whole story.
    ie how many debts, how old etc. Have a look in the diaries section and you will see what we mean.

Comment

Hi if you could get this information on each debt for us...

Whos the debt with and what (i.e Halifax CC)
      How much is owing.
      When it was started.
      last payment made.

Comment

Hi Danny

Wishing your friend the best of luck during his difficult time, we are here to help all we can if we can.

In regards of the PPI, please feel free to post up for any help on the Reclaiming PPI thread and I will try my best to help every step of the way.

We need to cover all grounds in reclaiming and make sure nothing is missed, so if your friend requires any help, then as stated above please do ask for help anytime.

Cheers.

Comment

The cards are with Lloyds TSB, started in 2004, with a balance owing of £13,500. There has been no payment made since September 2011.

Lloyds advised that there was no PPI on the card whatsoever. His request for a copy of the agreement has provided the original signed copy with a ticked box next to "Payment Protection Cover". Any ideas? I have it here if you need it uploading

I'm thinking email the CEO detailing their incompetence?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by danny2324 View Post
            The cards are with Lloyds TSB, started in 2004, with a balance owing of £13,500. There has been no payment made since September 2011.

Lloyds advised that there was no PPI on the card whatsoever. His request for a copy of the agreement has provided the original signed copy with a ticked box next to "Payment Protection Cover". Any ideas? I have it here if you need it uploading

I'm thinking email the CEO detailing their incompetence?

Thanks in advance.
            E mail it to Niddy to have a look please..........
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Please find attached. Is this legible? If not I'll try to scan and PDF tomorrow.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a feeling Niddy will be ble to make a judgment on what he can see here!

Comment

Lloyds up to their antics again then?
                  Saying no PPI?

Although worth checking on a SAR request, it appears that many have been told the same thing "no ppi" where it's later found there was, to me if this is the case of finding this out later on, it's yet another complaint separate to that of the ppi reclaiming.
                  (For wrongly being misled).

Comment

Arh right, just taken a looksie on the agreement just missed.

The Muppets!!! YES there is PPI, a copy of this will have to be sent on reclaiming "copy only".

Complain of the way they have dealt with this matter as well!
                    I certainly would.

Comment

Should I ping an email to Head Office asking for help and advice re financial commitments also?

Comment

Originally posted by danny2324 View Post
                        Should I ping an email to Head Office asking for help and advice re financial commitments also?

I can't see why not, but wait for another opinion from Niddy as well me thinks before you go ahead.

Comment

Mate, drop Niddy a pm to look at your agreement. It's unusual for him not to have responded by now. He won't mind, honest!

Comment

Working...
                          X