GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Duplicated monthly entries on CRA? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duplicated monthly entries on CRA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicated monthly entries on CRA?

After almost 6 years helping a friend see off at least 8 creditors there's now light at the end of the tunnel. This year should see a totally trashed credit file turn green as the defaults start to drop off. Most creditors recorded defaults pretty much soon after a few missed payments so not a problem there. However there is one that I think is incorrect.

It was originally a CitiFinancial / Associates credit card that got sold on to Hillesden Securities with DLC collecting. Hillesden are the ones reporting to the CRA and the debtor made a few payments with the last payment made on 24/06/2009. The debt is no longer been pursude but entries are added to the CRA. I've looked at the entries on CallCredit but it doesn't seem right to me.

05/09 (green) balance £292
    06/09 (1) £311
    07/09 (1) £310
    08/09 (1) £301
    09/09 (1) £325
    10/09 (2) £343
    11/09 (3) £361
    12/09 (4) £379
    01/10 (4) £379
    02/10 (5) £379
    03/10 (6) £385
    04/10 (6) £404
    05/10 (D) £423

Not sure why the figures jump about but the last payment made was 24/06/2009 and they did add late payment charges but the entries show a lot of duplicated monthly entries before finally getting the big D. CallCredit show the default date as 27/03/2010 but by my reckoning, if 06/09 is the first monthly missed entry then shouldn't it follow with 2 for 07/09, 3 for 08/09 and so on until a default around November 09?

To be honest I'm not sure if it's worth bothering about for the sake of just a few more months and the other defaults don't disappear till towards the end of year so won't really make a huge difference.

Re: Duplicated monthly entries on CRA?

strange, but as you say if it is about to fall off then - feck 'um!
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah I think I'll let this one run its course and drop off in March. Main thing is they're not pursuing the debt and I've already screwed them (Citi) for just over £1k in refund of charges via a CCJ. This one has been a very bizarre experience. Hillesden purchased the debt from Citi and were demanding just over £400 and sent us all the transaction history. I calculated that over the years there had been £1k added in unlawful late fees and told them to call it quits. They still demanded the money so I wrote to citi for a refund of the charges and said I would accept £850. They told me to fuck off so I issued a claim. They instructed Shoosmiths and sent the AoS indicating they will defend - although this was AFTER I had already obtained judgment in default. Heard nothing from them so I left it a month (just so the CCJ will be registered) and wrote to shoosmiths with a copy of the Judgment order and told them that although judgment is for forthwith payment of £1136, I'm a reasonable person and will accept my original offer of £850 in F&F if paid within 14 days. They sent a cheque for the full amount of £1136.14!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Citiccj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1407834

Comment

Thats nice x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

proper job

Comment

Working...
          X