GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JC International Default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JC International Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC International Default

A week or so ago I received a Default Note from JC International.

This followed an arrears notice for £10.00, which had apparently accrued from an agreement I had with them to pay £5 per month that I had supposedly agreed to around September 2014 on the Monument account JC Internationalbought all "rights, title and interest" from Raphael & Sons in February 2012. Suffice to say, I have never made any agreement, or payment, to them at any time.

In March 2009, I sent Monument (then owned by Raphael $ Sons) a section 78 request. As is normal with them, they sent (on their own admission) a signed application form, and a copy of their then terms & conditions, which of course was useless, because the original creditor was Providian. Since my original request, I have never paid a penny off this account, so I suspect that the reason for the bogus arrears notice is because the six year date is looming large!

Now we come onto the DN.

It basically says that providing I pay the £15 by Feb 10th, all will be forgiven. However the creditor is named as Raphael & Sons, even though I have been told in writing that JC International are the owners.

I have, of course, denied owing them anything, and asked them to provide proof under CPUTR 2008, of any agreement I made with them, be it for £5 or any other amount. I also made a further section 78 request to them, sent recorded, which they received on 28th January, so they have another couple of weeks to provide me with something that none of the Monument owners have been able to provide.

This post is really just to point out one of the other tricks that the DCA's try to cancel out the six year statute.

Re: JC International Default

Hi alangee,

It's seems that JC international are making moves now from reading threads elsewhere in the last couple of days (CAG)

I am in a similar situation SB later this year but I've not had any correspondence yet.

The last I heard was a letter from Monument advising that JC International Acquisition had re-assigned all of its rights to Compucredit International Servicing Ltd LLS, now named as CCIS LLC.

I will start a new thread when I have anything to report so that maybe we can compare notes.

Comment

The DN is completely invalid. The creditor is not Raphael & Sons anymore, so I do not owe them anything. Which proves it is a scam to get me to pay a small amount and thus restart the statute barred clock before it runs out in a couple of months.

The threats about taking further enforcement action by JC International, are, at the moment, rubbish.

Comment

After sending them a prove it and another CCA request in January, I hear nothing until today, when I receive an arrears notice saying that I owe them the last two months payments (even though I have never paid them anything). I expect that in two or three weeks time I will get another invalid default notice.

If that happens again, I shall send them an official complaint for harassing me for monies that they are unable to prove I owe.

Comment

Arrears notice is something they are required to send. I should imagine they also sent a DN because they may have noticed one was never sent previously. Sounds to me like they are trying to cover their tracks a bit. I'd also guess that they have no idea regarding the arrears and so have made a figure up. Also sounds to me like they have failed to terminate the agreement within the time frame they should. In all I'd say ignore them and let it runs it's course. Can argue finer points once SB had come and gone.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X