GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One Default advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One Default advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One Default advice

Hi everyone Would anyone be able to help me with the validity of a default notice Capital One have sent me?
    I recently asked the Cap One Exec Office for a copy of my default notice as I don't seem to have received any of that paperwork. They sent me a "Statement of Default" which doesn't really seem to meet what I've been told is the standard for defaults. So I wanted to ask advice from people that have more knowledge on this stuff than me! I can scan and post the letter if you want? The things it seems to be missing are the bit where they give you 14 days to remedy and there's no mention of it being served under the CCA act as other defaults I've seen seem to have.

Could anyone give advice on this one?
    Thank you
    Lou

Re: Capital One Default advice

It sounds like you've got a notice of default sums. The actual "Default Notice" we'll tell you across the top that it's a default notice issued under sections 87/88 consumer credit act.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ah right! I will just need to SAR them then and see what they send! Thank you for your reply

Comment

Ermmmm why does it matter unless there's a claim?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I just wanted to have a proper look at Default Notice since i don't have it here and don't remember getting one. They had written a debt of mine off due to my health and financial circumstances and I was just looking into defaults and if it was possible to remove it, which I know is highly unlikely! Just wanted to try and get a look at the actual default anyway. Thank you for replying to my posts

Comment

Working...
          X