GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSPF Loan (Unsecured) in Default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSPF Loan (Unsecured) in Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSPF Loan (Unsecured) in Default

Hi there,

First post here so hopefully I've done this right

I've had a loan with Home Shopping Personal Finance since 2008, when I took out £15k over 7 years.

I defaulted on it last year when I just couldn't cope with paying it back, and now owe just over £12k in total.

I've had 3 different DC companies write to me with various levels of threatening language and after a bout of sticking my head in the sand, I'd like to try and resolve this and ensure I can actually sleep at night.

The latest company is DrydsenFairfax, who I wrote to and made an offer of payment, calcuated by doing a budget planner, which was about a third of the previous monthly payment. They have written back today, ignoring my offer totally and requested payment in 7 days else they will take me to court which will involve charge orders / balliffs and other scary stuff.

Do I write to them again and ask for the payment plan, I do want to try and tackle this and pay the money back, I just can't afford the whole amount or even the amount I used to pay. I don't want to talk to them on the phone as I find them stressful, deceitful and bullying but I'm hitting a wall on what to do next.

Any ideas?

Re: HSPF Loan (Unsecured) in Default

Hi

Have you got any available funds to make a F&F Settlement? If not, then it's easy to get something agreed - I'd not worry about that. Can you clarify, did you have ppi or anything applied?

I'd send a cca request to buy you time, even though its post 04/2007 I'd still send one whilst we try and arrange a payment plan suitable for you.

Try and stay calm and send a cca ASAP

--> CCA Request - allaboutDEBT UK
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi - thanks for the reply,

No PPI unfortunately, will send the CCA today and update as I receive anything back. Thanks again!

Edit: Do I have send £1 with the CCA request as well? It references it in the letter but doesn't explicitly say that I have to send anything?
      Last edited by jamievilla; 15 July 2013, 07:55. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by jamievilla View Post
        Hi - thanks for the reply,

No PPI unfortunately, will send the CCA today and update as I receive anything back. Thanks again!

Edit: Do I have send £1 with the CCA request as well? It references it in the letter but doesn't explicitly say that I have to send anything?
        It does on the template page itself. Yes send £1
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Jamie,
          Just wanted to say good luck with this
          Cheers
          Missy
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the good luck messages.

I have good news, got a reply yesterday and they've accepted my payment plan which is a huge relief. They've only accepted for 3 months and have said they will review and try and get me to increase it (which I can't unless something major happens!) but it's definitely a start.

Thanks for the help, hopefully this will one less stress to worry about.

Comment

Working...
            X