GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ICO/OFT and do they do anything?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICO/OFT and do they do anything??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICO/OFT and do they do anything??

I was looking at my wifes credit report yesterday and I noted that on the only two pieces of adverse on her report ( apart from being linked to me!!!) where the defaults placed on her by HSBC. The interesting thing is the defaults where applied 11 months after the last payments into the current account and loan. I assume that although the guidelines say six months , it's a bit like the lending code as much use as a sick headache.

As the actual payment shown on the account are all wrong, unless some kind soul started paying off the loan a year or so after we last pay it!!!!!

Re: ICO/OFT and do they do anything??

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    I was looking at my wifes credit report yesterday and I noted that on the only two pieces of adverse on her report ( apart from being linked to me!!!) where the defaults placed on her by HSBC. The interesting thing is the defaults where applied 11 months after the last payments into the current account and loan. I assume that although the guidelines say six months , it's a bit like the lending code as much use as a sick headache.

As the actual payment shown on the account are all wrong, unless some kind soul started paying off the loan a year or so after we last pay it!!!!!
    Afraid that it is up to them when they report. As you say, it should be within 6 months of the event, but I cannot see them removing it.

They seem to do what they want. I used to argue that they could not report anything unless you have given your consent. This would usually be on your signed agreement.

The EU directive which our laws should follow, state that there must be positive action on behalf of the data subject, to allow reporting. Seems to have been watered down in our version of the DPA.

If you are saying that the payments are incorrect, then they should rectify those. It will obviously have an effect on SB.

Comment

Re: ICO/OFT and do they do anything??

• Accounts should not be routinely filed as being in default where full payments or those due under a rescheduled agreement are fewer than three consecutive months in arrears.
      Accounts should normally be filed as being in default where those payments due have not been received for six months.

Well HSBC ignore this like they ignore the lending code, I just wish I had the money to take them on!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X