GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 2 Defaults to remove - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Defaults to remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Defaults to remove

Hi I have 2 defaults I would like to remove from a previous address.

1)Virgin media £98 Jan 09
    2)Capquest £71 Feb 2010 (for a vodafone acc in 2008)

I understand that these are not regulated by the CCA so it may be more difficult to remove them than if they were issued by the bank but is there an angle I could go for with these 2?

Also is it true that most lenders look back 3 years when credit checking? I would have thought that they are either on your credit report or they are not, or do they mean that they only really consider your last 3 years and would disregard something that was older?

Thanks in advance

Re: 2 Defaults to remove

Forgot to mention they are not satisfied ie. they have not been paid.
    Also I live in Scotland.

Comment

A default will only be removed in certain circumstances.

Wanting it to be removed is not one of those circumstances.

As they are Based on Airtime allowances ie credit you will not get these removed.

And they will stay on your file for 6 years from date of entry

In 5 years from date of last payment they would be SB'd but thats the only bit of news i can give you that could be classified as good.
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

what does Sb'd mean?

Comment

statute barred
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

It is extremely difficult to get defaults removed from your credit files. In certain circumstances it can be done, but as these appear (from your post) to be yours, they are likely to stay.

It is true that the majority of lenders only search back for 36 months. A couple of lenders will search further (as will some employers. The only major exception to this will be mortgage lenders who will serach for 6 years.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
              It is extremely difficult to get defaults removed from your credit files. In certain circumstances it can be done, but as these appear (from your post) to be yours, they are likely to stay.

It is true that the majority of lenders only search back for 36 months. A couple of lenders will search further (as will some employers. The only major exception to this will be mortgage lenders who will serach for 6 years.
              When you say they will only search back 36 months does that mean they won't see them after 36 months or they are just choosing to ignore them?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbook View Post
                When you say they will only search back 36 months does that mean they won't see them after 36 months or they are just choosing to ignore them?
                They only search back for 36 months, so I would assume, to them (the searcher) it would be as if they were not there.

Even if they did see them, given the amounts, some lenders may well ignore them.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have been looking for reasons as to why the defaults might not be fair.
                  The capquest default date is Jan 2010 but the account was handed to them late 08 early 09. This is a fair old bit of time before issuing a default is it not?

Comment

theoretically they could have defaulted you at 5 years 11 months after last payment.

it is seen as good practice to default after maximum 6months of none payment

Comment

Ah well suppose I'll just need to wait my time.

Comment

Working...
                      X