GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Today Blog - Credit and Reputations - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Today Blog - Credit and Reputations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Today Blog - Credit and Reputations

Just read a blog on the Credit Today website:

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/blog/post/31/credit-and-reputations

Reading this I couldn't help be reminded on how far up their own behinds the people who work in this industry are.

I'll quote my favourite section from this blog:

"Pity then anyone with the job title – debt collector, bailiff or insolvency practitioner. We run awards promoting best practice and success for these sectors so we know what we’re talking about.

Every year we’re in the news for simply being preposterous enough to believe people who work in these sectors can get awards for their good work.

This year we really are touching a nerve – the Evening Standard has written about October’s Insolvency & Rescue Awards no less than three times – and I don’t remember them writing about any of the thousands of jobs or viable businesses saved by those shortlisted.

Here at Credit Today we’re used to it. We’ve had comedians refuse to hand out the award for Alternative Lender of the Year and even the occasional egg throwing threat at one of our events from a vigilante consumer site.

Sadly, those that believe in the adversarial nature of the creditor debtor relationship – most of the mainstream press it seems – are missing the point. Engagement between creditors and debtors is the order of the day."

Oh dear so is that Michael MacIntire you're griping about or Bill Bailey?

So why do you think that comedians refuse to hand out awards or compere your events? Is this because they have been subjected to some of the 'engagement' you like to talk about perhaps?!

The writer of this blog shows their true colours describing consumer forums as 'vigilanties'. This is hardly encouraging 'engagement' with debtors is it?

The truth of the matter is that the debt collection industry does not conduct itself in a moral fashion. If it did then forums like this would not be awash with horror stories nor would the OFT consider it necessary to update its debt collection guidelines to make it clearer on what is acceptable behaviour or not (which we all know DCA's ignore anyway).

"The industry is demonstrating innovative ways of working and engaging with debtors in these difficult times"

So contacting people via Facebook or LinkedIn or visiting people at their bedsides in hospital I suppose is innovative.

I think what it demonstrates however is the level of harrassment DCA's are prepared to sink to.

Credit Today - what a load of garbage!

All views expressed in this thread are purely my own opinion and not necessarily the opinion of the All About Debt forum or All About Debt Website. I acknowledge that whats one persons garbage may be another persons silk panties. I have enough letters, emails and recordings of phone calls to back up my interpretation of the term 'engagement with creditors' to repudite any claim of Libel.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Credit Today Blog - Credit and Reputations

What an excellent post SnV. What many of them should be made to realise is that it is their employess and managers that have brought us to the state we are in.

Perhaps it should be made a condition of employment in the "financial" sector that each and every employee should spend at least ten years down a coal mine or on the shop floor of a steel works before being allowed to work in that sector. I cannot use the word industry in the same breath as the parasitic conclave. Industry implies something good productive, useful, Credit Today,their supporters and the whole debt collection cesspit could hardly be called that could they?

Perhaps it is they that should stand accused of flouting the law and acting like vigilantes on behalf of their paymasters the banks. None of them obey the law or even try to, none of them abide by the guidelines which are a condition of them being allowed to trade in the UK.

And some "vigilante" consumer sites actually allow Credit Today posters on their sites unhindered spreading alarm and despondency. I'm glad this one does not.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      None of them obey the law or even try to, none of them abide by the guidelines which are a condition of them being allowed to trade in the UK.
      Yes and I noted that while the CSA 'welcomes' the OFT's new guidelines in the next breath Sara De Tute states

"The Association will comment in more detail once the full implications of the Guidance have been assessed"

Which is weasel words for they're not sure how much damage this is going to do yet, nor how much this is going to restrict their operations, but will be sure to squeal if it does.

In the meantime they will have their legal departments pick over the guidelines to see how they can be 'interpreted'
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Obviously if you work in the sector you're not going to come up against some jumped up teenager in a cheap suit, threatening you in an aggressive manner over the phone, if you don't immediately pay him £10000 for a debt they haven't even confirmed is yours yet, that they'll drag you kicking and screaming into a court room to have your botty slapped.

Of course, consumer groups are vigilantes because they stand up for their rights, rather than bending over and getting a length and doing as the debt collection "industry" do as they say.

Whatever next? The RSPCA are vigilantes or standing up for the rights of mistreated animals. Or the NSPCA are vigilantes for helping abused and homeless children find happiness.

Sheesh.
        Last edited by asm76; 21 October 2011, 10:34.

Comment

Its been over two years since I bothered to amuse myself by reading Credit Today. Even now, I cannot believe they take themselves as a serious industry. Anyway, I had a laugh with this article and hope that these people have some sort of redeeming feature somewhere in their makeup.

I'm sure one of them might have the courage to respond to this post, and if so, please will they post a convincing statement as to why such devious and threatening practices deserve recognition.

You have a reputation that is sadly well justified. You are a PR disaster as an industry. You might want to consider contacting Max Clifford if you have any need or desire to obtain any form of moral and upstanding status in society.

To date, there is little evidence to suggest you care, and in my experience insufficient moral standing, intellectual resource or desire to do so,
          []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Comment

Working...
          X