GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Are there rules about envelopes? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there rules about envelopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there rules about envelopes?

... strange question maybe but there is a reason.

Just picked the post off the doormat and there is one for hubby, hand addressed to him.

It's in a pale yellow envelope and I can see quite clearly through the envelope the words "Your CCJ Helplines" and "Eurodebt" in big bold letters... I do rather suspect this might be deliberate.

No idea what this relates to as he's not home and I don't normally open this post. There's no return address on the back.

Are they allowed to be as indiscreet as this?
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Re: Are there rules about envelopes?

Hi I had the same from Eurodebt nothing to worry about there just wrighting to see if you need help with your debts. They don't know that we have Niddy . Stay clear of them
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I2D. I didn't think it would be anything other than a DCA.

Still very cross with them. Are they offering to help us by paying our debts then - I might say thank you very much!!
      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

I had two letters on the bounce from egg that had my arrears in the clear window of the envelope. I have no doubts this is deliberate. Like you say it makes you angry. I just took a photo of each and have made formal complaints.

Comment

That is a DPA breach I would report it to the ICO for failing to keep ones data secure.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            That is a DPA breach I would report it to the ICO for failing to keep ones data secure.
            Well you'd think so right? Unfortunately if it was hand delivered through the debtors door then I'm afraid not. Maybe you'd have a case if you lived with others and they knew it was a shared letterbox (most apps ask this question).

It's worth a whinge though but don't expect anything to be done. Eurodebt search trust online and try to help with ccj servicing so worth checking yourself on trustonline.org as to whether a lenders got a sneaky ccj.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Blimey so the many hands it passes though the postal system does not matter

Comment

Niddy,

Blimey so the many hands it passes though the postal system does not matter
                What postal system? Hand delivered means it is delivered by courier or doorstep issuer so they already know what it is but only they see it and they'd already have signed a disclaimer for DPA purposes. Usually dca's issue these via bike courier.

It depends on what the OP meant by hand delivered lol. All post is hand delivered, I'm presuming this is sent via secure data like a bank card or passport.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy you referring to post 1 or post 4 as post 4 makes no mention of hand delivered ?

Comment

Oh fook. It's hand written

Comment

Ignore my latest posts please . Bad niddy

Comment

here sit down man have one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          All post is hand delivered
                          This isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            This isn't.

Comment

A breach of DPA and OFT guidelines.

Needs to be reported to both.

Doesn't matter if it went by post or is hand delivered.

Putting it through your door in that form means someone else part from the debtor might see it. That is unacceptable, even if the other person is family. But who knows? You might have a lodger who has no business knowing about your financial affairs.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X