GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wescot and natwest ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wescot and natwest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wescot and natwest ?

Been trying to find out if Wescot are related in any formal way to natwest, or are totally independent..does anyone know ?

Re: Wescot and natwest ?

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    Been trying to find out if Wescot are related in any formal way to natwest, or are totally independent..does anyone know ?
    They are an independent DCA. Natwest are among the companies that use their services: https://www.wescot.co.uk/about-wescot/

Wescot is a UK based debt collection agency. We work on behalf of a number of banking, utility, telecoms and retail finance companies whose customers have fallen behind with their repayments. These companies pass accounts to Wescot to manage and we work with each individual customer to establish affordable and sustainable repayment arrangements for the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
      why did you need to know, if they are acting on behalf of Natwest, all necessary info will have been passed over and if they've bought the debt, all the info will still be passed over?

Comment

Westcot only manage accounts on behalf of client - they are not a Debt Purchaser.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Some years ago when Natwest agreed notional payments they said provided I kept up they would not externalise the debt, now they have it appears albeit just the 'management' and not the ownership. not sure what Wescot are going to do seeing as natwest have never asked for full repayment or threatened in any way...I'll just carry on as before perhaps and ignore this.

Comment

carry on as before I would?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Me too.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I'm not actually sure what 'managing the debt' will mean. natwest will still issue monthly statements, and every year ask for an I/E report (which I always ignore). What else is there for Wescot to do..unless after many many years of notional payments natwest are now thinking they're losing money on this and need to act ? In the past Natwest have refused any negotiation and offers so I've stopped asking, maybe Wescot will have a different view...one thing is for sure though, ..I'll be hearing from Wescot more than I have from natwest I expect..This is off my CRA file years ago and according to Niddy is enforceable. I will indeed just sit tight...and carry on

Comment

Hmm,having been told to keep my direct debit as it was with Natwest I've now received a letter from Wescot saying they haven't received my last payment..please contact us urgently. As I thought , this is going to be fun as it seems Wescot are as organised as Cabot. I'll just ignore it as I know the payment has been made from my bank and likely as not this is just a ruse by Wescot to intimidate with me threats of adding interest and fees and chasing me for 'recovery'.. I'm sure natwest have said wescot is their in house recovery agent, but I guess that could still mean they are a 3rd party and not part of the natwest group ?

Comment

got two of them once 2 years ago ignored never heard any more just carried on paying an OC as normal, they are only 9th rate collectors no powers just after commissions, and keep most of what you would send .

The power they have is all in the wire from generating power station. wonder if they are in arrears with their energy bill?/?

Comment

It seems now Natwest have stopped sending me the monthly statements showing my ever reducing balance by £1 a month.
                      Should I insist they keep send me these because I do like them spending my £1 on postage...?

Comment

keep a spreadsheet yourself showing payments by date - also try to pay on line and you should have an immediate receipt to print off showing payments - I do so you always have record of payment with receipt

Comment

I am another one who has had their Natwest account given over to Westcot to manage despite Natwest telling me this would not happen. So far all is well - and I am paying the £1 per month via Step Change.

My only question would be - if I pay direct to Westcot and cut Step Change out of the loop which I actually want to do - can Westcot make me do an I&E?

I don't want to rock the boat too much by refusing even though I want to as Natwest hold my mortgage. At least that is up to date.

Smallpaws

Comment

Hi Smallpaws, no they can't force you to do an I&E, only a court can do that. They will request it and huff and puff.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallpaws View Post
                              I am another one who has had their Natwest account given over to Westcot to manage despite Natwest telling me this would not happen. So far all is well - and I am paying the £1 per month via Step Change.

My only question would be - if I pay direct to Westcot and cut Step Change out of the loop which I actually want to do - can Westcot make me do an I&E?

I don't want to rock the boat too much by refusing even though I want to as Natwest hold my mortgage. At least that is up to date.

Smallpaws
                              I stopped filling in the IE requests about 3 years ago from Natwest - nothing ever happened, they just made a note on one months statement that the entire
                              balance was now due, then the following month amended it to saying just £1 was due..and so on. and on. I don't know why I ever bothered to send IE statements
                              at all tbh...too much info and they never read them anyway. I'm hoping now they've passed this to Wescot that they might make me a settlement offer because natwest
                              never would consider it. It's only been about 8 years in this semi dormant state ! I guess they're waiting for me to pop my clogs then they can claim from my estate ?
                              Last edited by Pixie; 6 December 2016, 11:58. Reason: tiidied quote

Comment

Working...
                              X