GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wescot and natwest ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wescot and natwest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received a letter from nasty west to say they've now sold debt to Cabot, and to now stop paying them and start paying wescot. This might mean a chance to negotiate a settlement figure given carboot will only have paid about 6% for this? Perhaps I should start a diary for this now as it's seemingly coming back to life after 10 years?

Comment

Received a letter from nasty west to say they've now sold debt to Cabot, and to now stop paying them and start paying wescot. This might mean a chance to negotiate a settlement figure given carboot will only have paid about 6% for this? Perhaps I should start a diary for this now as it's seemingly coming back to life after 10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
        I am confused here, are you saying Cabot have bought the debt but Wescot are still collecting it?
        anyhoo it is of no matter,
        I would leave it a while before offering a FF, don't look to eager or they may think you would pay a lot more,
        NW
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is this debt a credit card, loan or current account overdraft?

I've taken a peek at your Diary and your other threads but I can't seem to find it yet you say on this thread that it's been deemed enforceable. Why was that?

Don't assume Cabot will automatically have access to the same Nat West information.

Wait until you receive your "Hello" letter from Cabot before deciding your next step which may be to send Cabot a s 77-79 Section Request and hope they can't produce the agreement (assuming that's why it was deemed enforceable?).

Have you been receiving annual statements (Notice of Sums in Arrears) for the last ten years while you've been making token payments?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

I am confused here, are you saying Cabot have bought the debt but Wescot are still collecting it?
            anyhoo it is of no matter,
            I would leave it a while before offering a FF, don't look to eager or they may think you would pay a lot more,
            NW
            Yes, that's what the letter said...confused I am too. And yes also, maybe just wait a while until they get in touch again..

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is this debt a credit card, loan or current account overdraft?

I've taken a peek at your Diary and your other threads but I can't seem to find it yet you say on this thread that it's been deemed enforceable. Why was that?

Don't assume Cabot will automatically have access to the same Nat West information.

Wait until you receive your "Hello" letter from Cabot before deciding your next step which may be to send Cabot a s 77-79 Section Request and hope they can't produce the agreement (assuming that's why it was deemed enforceable?).

Have you been receiving annual statements (Notice of Sums in Arrears) for the last ten years while you've been making token payments?

Di
              Credit card.I don't have a diary for this but I sent a copy of the agreement to Niddy some years ago and he said enforceable. I have received a welcome letter from cabot although I received nothing for the 12 months that wescot were 'managing' the account for natwest. Prior to that, I received a statement every month for the 10 years natwest had it. I'm just thinking that Cabot will have paid only around £200 for this, so maybe they'll be more amenable than natwest were to a settlement. daft thing is I would have given natwest a little bit more than £200 to settle...so they've lost out...presumably they just wanted to be vindictive ?

Comment

Sorry about the delay in replying, I didn't get an email notification there had been a reply..

Comment

Credit card.I don't have a diary for this but I sent a copy of the agreement to Niddy some years ago and he said enforceable.
                  Why don't you make a post on this thread with a brief background of the history of the debt since as you say there's nothing on the forum to see in order to be able to suggest accurate advice.

You could also re-send the credit agreement to Niddy if you can't remember why it was deemed enforceable. If that was (10?) years ago there's always the potential for the same documents to be unavailable to a new debt purchaser.

I'm not raising expectations but you may want to explore the situation before throwing in the towel and making a F & F offer. How much is the debt?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Why don't you make a post on this thread with a brief background of the history of the debt since as you say there's nothing on the forum to see in order to be able to suggest accurate advice.

You could also re-send the credit agreement to Niddy if you can't remember why it was deemed enforceable. If that was (10?) years ago there's always the potential for the same documents to be unavailable to a new debt purchaser.

I'm not raising expectations but you may want to explore the situation before throwing in the towel and making a F & F offer. How much is the debt?

Di
                    yes I should really do a diary now this has come back to 'life'. it does have a long and mainly dormant history...so not much to say for past 11 years. I'll have to dig out the files I have and try and pick out relevant info. The debt is just over £4k and of course it left my CRA file years ago...so no issues there. Niddy looked at this 4 years ago, when I sent a CCA request in and I thought their response was weak but Niddy said it contained what it should do. I strongly suspect they don't have the original agreement because I asked several times for the info on the reverse of it. This was similar to my other diary and in the end they capitulated. I'm massively out of touch with things now, and how they may have progressed as I was knackered after the last one I had to deal with and just gave it all a rest after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X