GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowells DCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowells DCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells DCA

Can someone please advise on issue with Lowells and shop direct?

Shop Direct sold debt to Lowells and i requested a copy of statement and agreement under s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, I got a couple of replies back and evenutally on 17th March 2014 they wrote saying the agreement was no longer available due to the length account was opened only 2009 i think. We are closing your account and will not contact you unless agreement is received at some point in the future..

Today i got a letter with a reconstituted copy of the agreement a 1 page statement with transactions over the last three years unsigned and a note asking for payment.

Are they allowed chase for payment after saying the account was closed and they never meet their deadline for producing these items?

thanks

sandra

Re: Lowells DCA

When did you last pay anything towards this account which you say you may have opened in 2009 but you're unsure if that's the case? I note you're in Scotland so statute barred kicks in after five years not six. If you've made a payment since April 2009 then that blows the SD argument out of the water and we'll look at other issues.

Comment

thanks for your reply last payment was 19/04/13 when i had to take time of work, defaulted on 31/10/13.

Comment

I'd photocopy the letter you got 17th March and send a copy to Lowell with this Template --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...firming-no-cca

You must first read this --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

THEN register THEN once we accept your request you can click the first link (template)....

Worth a shot....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I'd photocopy the letter you got 17th March and send a copy to Lowell with this Template --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...firming-no-cca

You must first read this --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

THEN register THEN once we accept your request you can click the first link (template)....

Worth a shot....
          thank you for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by sandra View Post
            thank you for your reply.
            It's what I'm here for
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You can now do this

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I have had a look at the template and I am not sure if this applies to me

23.1.14 I requested copy of agreement from lowells

17.3.14 lowells said account closed as no agreement can be found.

30.04.14 lowells produced a copy of an agreement and an unsigned short statement of balance of account.

Even though the 14 day deadline is long gone are they allowed to reopen the debt with a reconstituted agreement?

Comment

Yes the debt doesn't go. It simply means it is unenforceable. Trust me, the letter I linked you to is correct. I wrote it for this situation!!

Comment

Thank you I will get this sent to them today.
                    The balance of shop direct account is £500 charges and £300 of interest.
                    Already paid for all the goods bought plus an additional £700 interest. So technically they have not lost anything

Comment

Sorry - say again??

Stop. Don't send that letter. Instead, tell me more please. We might be able to help get-rid

Comment

Sorry - say again??

Stop. Don't send that letter. Instead, tell me more please. We might be able to help get-rid
                        Lol, lightbulb moment :P

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                          Lol, lightbulb moment :P
                          nope, the user telling us more RELEVANT info. If it's all charges they won't be getting far - that's a certainty

Comment

nope, the user telling us more RELEVANT info. If it's all charges they won't be getting far - that's a certainty
                            Damn straight, I've got a minicredit debt where I owe £150 capital and another £1k on top of charges + interest

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Unfair relationship test + excessive charging = go away nasty bank!!

In the OP's case if they spell out the problem I'll sort a suitable response - reminding them of guidelines and associated Acts

Comment

Working...
                              X