GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKDP Listing a wrong linked address on my CR - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKDP Listing a wrong linked address on my CR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP Listing a wrong linked address on my CR

Hi guys,

For some reason MKDP (DCA from a Barclaycard CC I had) have listed an address on my CR without me even living there. I've never lived there or had an electoral roll application there. I've asked Experian to remove it but MKDP have said it's accurate and are refusing to remove it, what do I do?!

Thanks

TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: MKDP Listing a wrong linked address on my CR

Get it refusal in writing = then report to Financial Ombudsman as a complaint, you ca do it on line also download the correspondence and evidence at the same time! keep us informed.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi TM, here's the link to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
      Good luck!

Comment

Some useful E-Mail addresses:-

• Energy: http://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html
        • Property: www.ombudsman-services.org/property.html
        • Legal: www.legalombudsman.org.uk/
        • Local Government: www.lgo.org.uk/
        • Parliamentary and Health Service: www.ombudsman.org.uk/
        • Communications: www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html or www.cisas.org.uk/

And if you need advice about money matters more generally, you might find it helpful to get in touch with one of the organisations below -

• Citizens Advice: www.citizensadvice.org.uk
        • StepChange: www.stepchange.org
        • The Money Advice Service: www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Report a concern

If you have a concern about an organisation's information rights practices, report it to us.
          Need help? Call our helpline on 0303 123 1113.

Information Commissioners telephone number etc.
          https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 May 2015, 12:46.

Comment

So do I have a cause to complain? And do I stir up trouble because at the moment MKDP aren't really chasing me. Even if they did the CCA is unenforceable and Barclays haven't come back to me since November last year regarding the prescribed terms template
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 9 May 2015, 09:38. Reason: addendum put in by wrong button use

TibetanMonk
            On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Personally I would wait for next missive letter?? see what others suggest as well?

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                So do I have a cause to complain? And do I stir up trouble because at the moment MKDP aren't really chasing me. Even if they did the CCA is unenforceable and Barclays haven't come back to me since November last year regarding the prescribed terms template

you say unenforceable did Niddy check it for you?
                Did Niddy check CCA for you

Comment

If they aren't pestering you at the moment TM I would definitely let sleeping dogs lie if it was me.
                  Keep it as future ammunition

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                    For some reason MKDP (DCA from a Barclaycard CC I had) have listed an address on my CR without me even living there. I've never lived there or had an electoral roll application there. I've asked Experian to remove it but MKDP have said it's accurate and are refusing to remove it, what do I do?!
                    Is it a random address or have you got some loose connection with it from your past?

I assume you only know about this because it's a linked address on your Experian file. Does it say which creditor linked it and when/what date (it usually does)? In fact linked address information usually says what address it was linked from/to.

Not being on the Electoral Roll at an address isn't proof that you weren't living there.

Whatever the outcome I wouldn't disturb the peace and quiet in case that only encourages MKDP (who will have bought the debt since they're not a DCA) to take action. As others have said let sleeping dogs lie.

Comment

Working...
                    X