GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niddy vs HSBC

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    I do wonder if HSBC do have some magic power over FOS , I do believe one of the senior people in FOS is ex HSBC but I'm sure that would have no impact
    don't bank on it, I have a recording from the muppet adjudicator saying "I agree Mr Niddy, HSBC have treated you unfairly" yet two days later he finds in their favour and says he made an error saying that to me.

Maybe he means he got told to reverse it. Anyhoo, gotta leave this for now as I know they read this and don't want them to know what I am doing next....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      don't bank on it, I have a recording from the muppet adjudicator saying "I agree Mr Niddy, HSBC have treated you unfairly" yet two days later he finds in their favour and says he made an error saying that to me.

Maybe he means he got told to reverse it.
      Had there been a Lodge Meeting between the conversation and the letter being written?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Had there been a Lodge Meeting between the conversation and the letter being written?
        One can only assume so mate - sickening.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This says it all really.... from the head of adjudicators on banking!

The colour change within the text shows the copy/paste

I am writing further to your request that a senior manager reviews your complaint about our service. I am the senior manager responsible for the area where your case was investigated. I have looked into the complaint you have raised about the level of service we provided when dealing with your case.

I understand that you are unhappy with the adjudicator's findings. Specifically, you have made reference to parts of the Consumer Credit Act and the OFT Guidelines that you feel HSBC has breached and would like this looked into as part of your complaint about our service. You have also raised the point about the letter you wrote to the CEO of HSBC.

My role is to look into the service we have provided you. I am unable to comment on the merits of your case - this is the role of the adjudicator and ultimately, the ombudsman. Because of this, I am unable to comment on how the adjudicator, Richard Jones, reached his opinion based on his interpretation of the evidence provided. This is why Mr Jones' manager, Jon Pearce, would not have addressed this point in his response to your complaint about our service. I would also highlight that adjudicators and ombudsmen are not obliged to comment on every point raised by either party. Their role is to consider all the evidence provided and comment on what they feel is the crux of the case.

I am satisfied that Mr Jones has fully considered your case and has provided reasons for his findings. Additionally, the case review adjudicator has also reviewed your file. I therefore do not feel it is necessary for another adjudicator to investigate your case. If a consumer or business is unhappy with the adjudicator’s opinion they can ask for their case to be reviewed afresh by an ombudsman. As you do not agree with Mr Jones' findings, this option is available to you. The ombudsman will consider the entire file and reach their own decision based on the evidence provided by both parties.
          I also note that you would like compensation for the time you have spent compiling your case and corresponding with our members of staff as per the guidance on our website. However, the information on our website reads, 'In awarding compensation, we sometimes make allowance for the time the consumer needed to spend to put things right – though not usually for the consumer’s time in dealing with us' (http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/distress-and-inconvenience.htm). This is because we require a consumer's submissions in order to be able to consider their case fully and this is a necessary part of our process.

I know you are unhappy that you have had to compile your complaint for each new manager and feel that it should have been properly addressed by the original manager, Dominic Van Spall. I agree that Mr Van Spall should have addressed your complaint about our service in full when you first raised it. You spoke with Mr Van Spall on 30 December 2011, and he left our service on 6 January 2012, which is why it was not addressed at that time. I am very sorry that this happened. As Mr Van Spall has left our service, I am unable to provide feedback on this point to him, but I will make the department aware so that this does not happen again.

Mr Pearce responded to your complaint about our service on 24 February 2012 and I am pleased to see that he provided £150 compensation for the way in which your case was handled and the service we provided. I appreciate that you have said you will not accept this, but I am satisfied that this is appropriate in the circumstances and in light of the errors that Mr Pearce outlined in his email. I am also very sorry for these errors as we should have provided you with a better level of service than we did.

As your case has been reviewed by a case review adjudicator, it is ready to be passed to an ombudsman, which is the next stage in our process. Your case has now been prioritised so I will pass it directly to an ombudsman once you have confirmed to me that this is the action you would like to take.

I have now completed my investigation into your complaint about the level of service we have provided. I hope this will help resolve your concerns – and that you are satisfied I have taken this matter seriously and dealt with it promptly and fully.

However, if you are still unhappy, you can contact the Independent Assessor - Mrs L Costelloe Baker OBE. The attached links and terms of reference explain her role and provides her contact details.
          In particular, you will see that:
            • you have three months from today to refer your complaint to the Independent Assessor;
            • the Independent Assessor can only become involved if you ask her to yourself. I cannot do this on your behalf; and
            • the Independent Assessor can investigate the level of service we have provided. But she cannot consider whether we were right to uphold or reject a dispute between a business and a consumer.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/factsheets/complaints-about-our-service.pdf

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/about/IA_terms_reference.htm

Yours sincerely

Simon Coe
          Head of Casework Teams for Banking and Credit

Comment

So you'll be seeking a disclosure order against UGLE and its affiliated Lodges?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              This says it all really.... from the head of adjudicators on banking!

The colour change within the text shows the copy/paste
              Indeed.

Dominic Van Spall
              That's an interesting name to Google.

Comment

From LinkedIn:
                Attached Files

Comment

From McCCarthy Cars:
                  Attached Files

Comment

From Mr Dominic Van Spall - free company director check. Companies House Information and Free company financial check on VAN SPALL CONSULTANCY LTD. Free company accounts. Companies House information - does this look like tax avoidance?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think Batman would agree that the FOS are pretty poor. He has seen more adjudicators come and go... ! As for Richard Jones.. I suggest, you dont ask Batman for a comment on him !!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Molly View Post
                        I think Batman would agree that the FOS are pretty poor. He has seen more adjudicators come and go... ! As for Richard Jones.. I suggest, you dont ask Batman for a comment on him !!
                        has batman dealt with the same guy that dealt with my complaint?

Wonder if he fancies taking dual action against him with me? Thing is, I have such a strong case it's rather amusing, lets not forget that the bank defaulted me the same month I apparently missed a payment into my overdraft and have admitted never sending a DN yet went ahead and defaulted me yet the FOS say "Mr Jones did correct"

Yea whatever -

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          So you'll be seeking a disclosure order against UGLE and its affiliated Lodges?
                          Care to be more specific please mate?

The other stuff, thanks - very interesting..... However Mr Van Spall left and had little say, it's the current boss and Mr Jones I need proof of, ideally proof of malpractice and/or involvement of banking or third party interests that can conflict their positions.

Comment

I guess that this is the Richard Jones you were dealing with, Niddy.

Richard Jones

Business Analyst
                            Reading, United Kingdom
                            Financial Services
                            Richard Jones's Overview

Current
                            Business Analyst at Lloyds Banking Group
                            Director at Webhill Investments
                            Past
                            Manager at Financial Ombudsman Service
                            Education
                            The University of Hull
                            Richard Jones' Experience

Business Analyst

Lloyds Banking Group

Public Company; 10,001+ employees; LLOY; Banking industry
                            June 2011 – Present (10 months) London, United Kingdom
                            • Carrying out gap analysis of the clients payment protection insurance (PPI) sales process, including a forensic assessment of all documentation for each cohort supplied by the business
                            • Delivered comprehensive reports showing the relationship between complaint data and changes in the sales process for each cohort
                            • Involved liaising and co-ordinating input from various stakeholders, which was used to steer the clients high value payment protection insurance (PPI) complaint handling project
                            Director

Webhill Investments

September 2003 – Present (8 years 7 months)
                            Independent financial consultant with a broad range of experience gained within regulated environments, being involved in a number of high level projects and interim roles within top tier banks and other regulated bodies. Proven track record in meeting demanding productivity and quality objectives within challenging projects. Possesses exceptional interpersonal skills and can utilise communicative abilities to formulate beneficial and effective relationships at all levels.
                            Manager

Financial Ombudsman Service

Nonprofit; 1001-5000 employees; Financial Services industry
                            March 2009 – March 2011 (2 years 1 month) London, United Kingdom
                            • Working with Deloitte managing a large of team of adjudicators mediating on PPI complaints for the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
                            • Providing regular status updates on the productivity and quality findings to senior management, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), project milestones and strategic planning
                            • Using exceptional coaching skills when providing technical guidance to the team, in addition to meeting all supporting, developing and training needs
                            • Building complex spreadsheets, compiling raw data into precise management information and presenting the same in a accurate and professional manner
                            Richard Jones' Education

The University of Hull

Electronic Engineering, Electromagnetic Theory

1996 – 2000
                            Grade: B-Eng
                            Alan
                            Last edited by alangee; 22 March 2012, 17:41.

Comment

Can't be the same as he's still there as at last week.

Richard Charles jones is full name. richardcharles.jones@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Comment

Ah right I found this thread Niddy....Yes we have had problems too with Mr Jones from the FOS ...

He said that the complaint we had with Barclays was all settled. Well no in fact it was not so I had to bring in his team manager to help us. He has advised that BC have paid us what they owe us when this is also NOT so.

Niddy - I shall email you what I have so you can cherry pick it, OK mate ?
                                Last edited by Batman; 22 March 2012, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X