GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niddy vs HSBC

The
    Ombudsman's
    Sad
    Service
    Exacerbates
    Ridiculous
    Situations

Comment

all I want is to be treated fairly. Is that too much to ask, really?

I didn't do anything wrong, it was all caused by an over zealous fraud investigator at HSBC that didn't like it when I complained to his manager so he had a grudge and thus closed my accounts when I was out the country.

Now, what is hard about that? What did I do wrong in all that?

It beggars belief. It truly does.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I will PM you tomorrow but I took the view that under FOS rules I didn't have to accept an Ombudsman's final Decision even though the firm does. That would have left me free to pursue it to court with an even longer paper trail as evidence No harm in letting the bank rehearse its arguments upfront for me to see eh?
        Last edited by PlanB; 3 February 2012, 20:15. Reason: typo

Comment

Banks don't do fair! The FOS are impotent twats. Despite there being endless safeguards to protect the consumer, the powers that be $hit themselves at the thought of actually penalising someone.

That's why I'm so passionate about all this - everything is so incredibly unfair and unjust.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            I will PM you tomorrow
            thank you
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The FOS has a major recruitment drive on at the moment with nightly full page ads in the London Evening Standard. It openly admits that to become an adjudicator you need no formal qualifications All the job requires is the ability to have a good "perspective" on complaints and be able to see the situation "from both sides". The ad is then printed again on the next page back-to-front which I thought was a printing error until I realizied the FOS was being serious.

A closer look at the job description emphasises the importance of meeting targets and the connection between performance and pay progression. Isn't this a tacit admission that the adjudicators are overworked and try desperately to close a case wthout proper consideration of the facts?

In the real legal world a solicitor gathers the facts and then presents them to a barrister to provide an informed opinion, while bowing to counsel's greater knowledge.This is the bit that's missing from the FOS process.

I don't care if anyone from the FOS reads this post because it's about time they climbed down from their ivory tower in Canary Wharf and started to do the job properly.
              Last edited by PlanB; 3 February 2012, 20:55. Reason: typo

Comment

Niddy

Being able to prove something is wrong holds no weight with FOS once they have made their minds up. They obviously have a culture of never being wrong or at least admit to it.

It will be interesting what the ombusman actually says, I would like to see the stats of how many adjudicator positions are overruled by the ombusman????

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                  Niddy

Being able to prove something is wrong holds no weight with FOS once they have made their minds up. They obviously have a culture of never being wrong or at least admit to it.

It will be interesting what the ombusman actually says, I would like to see the stats of how many adjudicator positions are overruled by the ombusman????
                  Thanks. Good idea. I'll do a FOI on Monday and post details here.

Comment

The Banking sector would probably be bankrupt if the FOS made the right decision on every case sent to them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Thanks. Good idea. I'll do a FOI on Monday and post details here.

And while you're at it Niddy find out how many Ombudsman Decisions have also been investigated by the Independant Assessor who has the mandate to award compensation of up to £100k (paid out by the FOS) to a consumer if a cock-up has been made at that level. She's a fab woman whose email account cannot be accessed by anyone at the FOS even though she's based in their building I wonder why that system was put in place

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

My reply, in part, based on him (wait for it) - being out the office for a week (is it me or does he always bugger off once he replies to an upset consumer? - its becoming habit isn't it?)...
                        You once said in an email to him "you make me sick" Is it possible that you are now having the same effect on him ?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          You once said in an email to him "you make me sick" Is it possible that you are now having the same effect on him ?
                          I take the fifth as I'll say something I'll regret

Comment

Right spent the last week compiling an enormous complaint about all this, its currently 31 pages of A4 so will have to load the content here via way of pdf - bear with me, I'll do it later as it means editing through it all and right now I am head mashed.

I have ripped this whole complaint to shreads and demand proper investigation. If not, will I sue the FOS? Too bloody right I will.

Wait till I load it then all will become clear and it'll also list each and every error made by the adjudicator.

Comment

Look forward to reading it nids, best get a 4 pack !!
                              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 10 February 2012, 23:13.

Comment

The Brazilian Embassy says thank you for using electronic communication as they're missing their rain forests already.

Comment

Working...
                                X