GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niddy vs HSBC

But that's not Ingram's reply to your response to his email of 20 April.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      But that's not Ingram's reply to your response to his email of 20 April.
      Oh he's not replied to my email as yet.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I was reading the thread from the outset and there are some points I agree with the FOS and others that I certainly do not.
        It is true that they cannot force the bank to keep an account open and that banks can shut accounts for commercial reasons. However, a request to remove the fee paying part of the account was made and completely ignored. They should have at least refunded the account money that would have been paid up to the receipt of the account closure request(am assuming that was included in their SAR that they would have produced to you?). Furthermore, if they failed to follow the lending code with regards to the timescale for closing the account then they are in breach of the code. Surely, the fact that each month you paid in excess of £5k into the account should be sufficient to state that the conclusion that "you would not have been able to repay the amount owed" is erroneous in itself.
        Have HSBC ever produced any evidence that they went through the account "benefits" so that they could clearly show that you were suitable for the type of account that they gave you? If they didn't are there other evidence that you paid for things yourself that the so called "benefits" would have covered anyway?(you know I am no fan of any paid for accounts "with extras")
        The FOS decision is partially not surprising but half of the complaint has been rejected and that half is in part why they are chasing fees because of their failure to act on an instruction from you the customer.

Comment

Nattie,

Thanks mate - fancy doing me a favour and actually composing something using the above and I'll send to the ombudsman, thing is cos I am soooo drawn into this I keep missing the simple points like this, based on my being too personally involved.

Thanks btw - brilliant to spot the above, I missed most of that and never put it across like that either! awesome
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

There is another thing as well, the banking code did a review of packaged accounts as well and whilst it was suggesting in 2009 that banks were better there are some good points in that
            Banking Code Standards Board

Themed review of the sale of packaged accounts. Clearly suggests that if done at point of sale and that you have products that would expire without refund to consider delaying the opening/upgrading of the packaged account.

Stats on HSBC btw are here: Complaints data

I suspect that the FOS will refer you here on the FOI request(at a guess).

When you received the SAR from HSBC, up to what date was that SAR? It might be reasonable to ask for the information from that date onwards provided a reasonable time, ie 6 months has elapsed.....

Comment

Final Decision - FOS are in bed with HSBC.

I'm now on a mission to have those individuals at FOS brought to task for their shoddy behaviour and obvious flaws.

The killer.

They found in my favour that charges should not have applied since April and should be refunded.

But the default issued May should stay.

Ermmm in April before the charges; I was not overdrawn

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Final Decision - FOS are in bed with HSBC.

I'm now on a mission to have those individuals at FOS brought to task for their shoddy behaviour and obvious flaws.

The killer.

They found in my favour that charges should not have applied since April and should be refunded.

But the default issued May should stay.

Ermmm in April before the charges; I was not overdrawn
                Eh, how the hell can it be?

The FOS are talking out of their arse!

Comment

Easy £8k then.

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2010CSIH49.html

[77] Turning to the question of causation, there is little more we need add. It was a matter of concession on the part of the second respondents that in the event that the second respondents were liable to pay damages to the appellant an award of general damages for loss of credit was recoverable and that a figure of £8000 was reasonable.

You are in Scotland aren't you ? Then it's binding.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                    Easy £8k then.

http://www.YORKSHIREcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2010CSIH49.html

[77] Turning to the question of causation, there is little more we need add. It was a matter of concession on the part of the second respondents that in the event that the second respondents were liable to pay damages to the appellant an award of general damages for loss of credit was recoverable and that a figure of £0.80 was reasonable, given Yorshire folk are, by definition, tighter than a duck's arsehole.

You are in Yorkshire aren't you ? Then it's binding.

M1

Comment

Everything the FOS have done over the years in my experience has been bank-supportive. The whole bleeding shower should be publicly exposed for what they truly are a BANK PUPPET that does little or nowt to aid the trusting and frequently naive consumer.........

Comment

I am going to take legal action against them, well more against the persons responsible for this absolutely pathetic decision that proves that HSBC pay back-handers to FOS personnel.

Comment

What a joke
                          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Niddy that is a bloody disgrace and total farce,
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It is high time someone took this shower to task and ripped them a new one...

They need to be made an 'example' of publicly so that they start to take account of their blatant pro-banking actions.

Their total banking bias shines out like a rotten apple on a king's table..

Comment

they are all bampots

what made you believe that FOS employees

a) could read and understand a short timeline
                                b) were honest
                                c) could actually just read
                                d) could count
                                e) had any basic common sense

they are of course very brave, very stupid, but very brave........................

Comment

Working...
                                X