GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FLA - any success? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLA - any success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLA - any success?

Has anyone ever been though the Financial Leasing Association (FLA) in regards of for example, financial complaints?

In the past I have been referred to them, but did not find them that helpful, however on checking on the website it does mention about complaints like Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), and to always complain to the lender/broker first, and if it fails but covered by the FLA, you can complete a complaint form with them.

However, I note they do not actually make a decision of award compensation as such, but can look into the matter to advise the business involved or point you to the next eligible avenue.

As said above I was directed to them once a upon a time (many years ago) LOL, and the company I then complained about were not covered by them, but a company that I am on the urge of dealing with are, so just want to be prepared.

Please can you share your own experience if you have used them before, that would be helpful thank you.

Re: FLA - any success?

Well ........

I wanted to double check with the FLA if GE were FLA covered, and the FLA just sent an email now to confirm.
    I do know they are not that helpful though, so will take one step at a time with this one.

Email received here.......

Thank you for your email.

GE Capital/Santander Cards are full members of our Association. If you have a complaint against the company please complete the FLA on-line complaint form at the following website address: Home - Finance Leasing Association. More details about the FLA conciliation procedure can be found on our website.

Kind regards

Code Administrator

Comment

This will help me too Di, I am having problems with a Blackhorse one and they point me to the FLA if all else fails, probably just a another gutless signup to us member thing for banks.

Comment

Yes, you are probably right Vossy. But lets hope since this have become a big issue that the FLA will take these matters more seriously.

Even though I am to get the complaint off to the business, I have already printed a copy of the FLA complaints form just in case, I think it can be done online as well, but at least I have a copy to practise on LOL.

On the back of the FLA complaints form it states:

Authorisation

I confirm that I would like you, the Financial & Leasing Association (FLA), to refer my complaint (including all documentation and correspondence) to the Chief Executive of the Finance company concerned for consideration.

I understand that in order for you to help you may have to collect information about my agreement and account. I authorise the company concerned to give you the information you need.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Yes, you are probably right Vossy. But lets hope since this have become a big issue that the FLA will take these matters more seriously.

Even though I am to get the complaint off to the business, I have already printed a copy of the FLA complaints form just in case, I think it can be done online as well, but at least I have a copy to practise on LOL.

On the back of the FLA complaints form it states:

Authorisation

I confirm that I would like you, the Financial & Leasing Association (FLA), to refer my complaint (including all documentation and correspondence) to the Chief Executive of the Finance company concerned for consideration.

I understand that in order for you to help you may have to collect information about my agreement and account. I authorise the company concerned to give you the information you need.

Yeah that should be good, I have been looking also but I can't find anything about people being awarded anything after being directed to by the FLA???
          I am hoping that I don't have to go to these people Di

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
            Yeah that should be good, I have been looking also but I can't find anything about people being awarded anything after being directed to by the FLA???
            I am hoping that I don't have to go to these people Di

I know what you mean Vos.

I'm hoping not to go this far, but with GE Capital bank being dealt with by Santander it appears that they will turn old cases away, so am being prepared.
            I think the FOS will also suggest the FLA avenue before going the underwriter direction, so this can then be ruled out if it fails with them.

So a long haul it will be, but am determined to get to the bottom of it.

GE Capital bank were fined just a few years ago as well for mis selling of the PPI, but I still don't think Santander will budge.
            Will be careful on the wording on this one LOL.

Comment

I shall be following it Di

Comment

I have just been through the FLA process, and the FOS, they are as Vossy says gutless, I really do not know what they are for or do.They just seem to write a letter then agree with the big boy, ... say its a gridlock .. advise independant legal advise...quango springs to my mind.
                If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post
                  I have just been through the FLA process, and the FOS, they are as Vossy says gutless, I really do not know what they are for or do.They just seem to write a letter then agree with the big boy, ... say its a gridlock .. advise independant legal advise...quango springs to my mind.
                  Hiya
                  Unless you have any other further information to forward them not including any information you may have provided to the original broker when you first complained, then they are a waste of time.

I have heard of little success, but you can of course give it a go, but I would also suggest to write to the insurer/underwriter of the business you complained of instead, where you may get a higher chance of success.
                  Depending on how you word the complaint, because the insurer/underwriter will not take the blame for the mis selling of the policy as it was not them who directly sold it, but the fact that they do have some liabilities of the policy that is sold to you - can change the way they look at your complaint.

I for one was successful complaining to the underwriter/insurer, after trying the broker direct who said it time out, non fsa etc, complain to the FLA, which I did but did not waste any time and wrote to the underwriter/insurer as well.

I have my own letter of complaint to them if you wish to have a copy of this to help you out.

Comment

Thanks Dizzy. my issue is with a distributor for motorhomes and their finance company. We have just had a similar experience with the FLA, >>> Not sure if underwriters are for this type of business?

I don t have any confidence in them but if I can string it out they might go away eventually.
                    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post
                      Thanks Dizzy. my issue is with a distributor for motorhomes and their finance company. We have just had a similar experience with the FLA, >>> Not sure if underwriters are for this type of business?

I don t have any confidence in them but if I can string it out they might go away eventually.
                      Hiya
                      So motorhomes are responsible then, and you need to find out who the underwriter/insurer was?

Sorry if I have mis-read.

Comment

Working...
                      X