GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unrecorded entry - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unrecorded entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrecorded entry

Hi, can anyone tell me what an "unrecorded entry" means under the searches heading? Thanks, FAW
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
    Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Re: Unrecorded entry

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
    Hi, can anyone tell me what an "unrecorded entry" means under the searches heading? Thanks, FAW
    Nothing! Its what a lender uses and only you can see it.

Its all explained here: ---> All About Credit Reference Agencies & CIFAS

Searches:
    Whenever you apply for credit a search is performed against you and will contain the date of search, the searchers name and the type of search. If it is a credit search then it will show either credit card/loan/store card etc. If, however, it is not a credit search but a comparison search for say car insurance, this will be registered as an unrecorded entry which means only you (and the CRA) can see this data - lenders cannot.

The suggested amount of searches per year is around 6 but lenders tend to be a little flexible and so long as you have 10 or less searches performed against you (excluding unrecorded entries) in the last 12 months then you should be alright. Lenders usually look back 6 months, 4 or 5 searches is considered acceptable with too many being a high risk (suggests you are keen to get into debt, i.e. are you skint or something?).
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for quick reply niddy. I've just been re-reading my credit report & noticed that the slimming club I tried to get a franchise for did an unrecorded entry & not a search for a business loan through natwest as I thought must have happened. I don't suppose it makes any difference for the moment but it may not be as stringent as a bank when I'm 36 mths into my defaults maybe?
      Last edited by findingaway; 15 February 2011, 00:39.

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
        Thanks for quick reply niddy. I've just been re-reading my credit report & noticed that the slimming club I tried to get a franchise for did an unrecorded entry & not a search for a business loan through natwest as I thought must have happened. I don't suppose it makes any difference for the moment but it may not be as stringent as a bank when I'm 36 mths into my defaults maybe?
        It will have no relevance whatsoever - ever! Forget it
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi niddy, I think I'm having a senior moment ...... what has no relevance & what should I forget?? The unrecorded entry or me hoping they won't do as thorough a search in future like you said they would for a business loan? I think you mean latter so sorry for being thick FAW

Comment

The search is irrelevant lol. Only you can see it.

Comment

Working...
            X