GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script filing adverse after default removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

filing adverse after default removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filing adverse after default removal

What steps should be taken when a creditor re-files a hitherto defaulted account as a 'new' account with a new account number after it was originally removed from a credit file after 6 years?

Has just happened to my b-in-law. He had a Barclaycard that defaulted. It sat on his credit files for 6 years. All the time he has been paying them on a DMP. Then, 12 months after it was removed, the bank chandge the account number and re-filed it as an Arrangement to Pay.

This must surely be in breach of the DPA?

Re: filing adverse after default removal

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    What steps should be taken when a creditor re-files a hitherto defaulted account as a 'new' account with a new account number after it was originally removed from a credit file after 6 years?

Has just happened to my b-in-law. He had a Barclaycard that defaulted. It sat on his credit files for 6 years. All the time he has been paying them on a DMP. Then, 12 months after it was removed, the bank chandge the account number and re-filed it as an Arrangement to Pay.

This must surely be in breach of the DPA?
    It is a breach, one account = one entry per life-cycle of said account. Basically ICO time - but you'll need proof that they have done this, then you send that proof and the ICO will demand removal or instruct the CRA to remove the data directly.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: filing adverse after default removal

Proof, as in sending them a SAR? Might be worth keeping all my existing SAR data then plus screenshots of my cred files for a few years.

Comment

Working...
      X