GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ebay and Paypal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay and Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay and Paypal

I have recently made a purchase off ebay, as a winning bidder and made an immediate payment via paypal, which was the payment option in the listing.

I very quickly received a message from the seller saying that they didn't want paypal used and it was only cash on collection.

I called the seller and they were adamant that the listing was cash on collection. Having re-checked the listing, in the sellers instructions it just gives a phone number to contact them it doesn't state NOT to use paypal.

The goods had to be transported by courier, so I contacted them and they agreed to pay cash on my behalf when they collected the items for me and I have now taken delivery.

When does the seller know that funds are cleared in their paypal account and can safely issue the refund?

They have said they will send it but it's not yet been done and it's now four days since the collection was done and cash paid.

Am I being too impatient? They keep pushing for feedback to be given and I obviously don't want to do this until I've had my money back.
    Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 14 February 2014, 13:08. Reason: CAG link removed

Re: Ebay and Paypal

PayPal refunds are immediate. I hope you've not been scammed & have a receipt for the cash paid on the couriers letterhead or official receipt?

If so raise a PayPal dispute resolution. Do not leave feedback. Demand the refund (contact seller) or you will seek legal redress within 7 days. We'll then get Andrew involved if necessary.

** I do wish you'd stop putting crappy CAG paperclip links on AAD
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      PayPal refunds are immediate. I hope you've not been scammed & have a receipt for the cash paid on the couriers letterhead or official receipt?

I've got email confirmation from the buyer that the courier paid so that should suffice (I guess)

If so raise a PayPal dispute resolution. Do not leave feedback. Demand the refund (contact seller) or you will seek legal redress within 7 days. We'll then get Andrew involved if necessary.

I'm not planning on doing feedback until I have the money back so if they haven't done it tomorrow, I will send a formal request to them by email via ebay so that there is a record in case I have to open a dispute.

** I do wish you'd stop putting crappy CAG paperclip links on AAD Oh dear what have I done?
      I wouldn't want to trouble Andrew, it's less than £30 quid!

Except at the moment it's £60!

Comment

if they have told you its with the courier, and its been 4 days, id be very suspecious, what courier is it? is there a tracking number? what proof have the given you other than "just an email"?

When you pay someone through paypal, they get an email confirmation that payment has been made, instantly, theres no delay. Open a dispute with paypal ASAP, they give you like 14 days to resolve the matter before they refund you, its vital you do this sooner than later.

Ive never won a bid on ebay where it was cash on collection only. But i would have though that when creating the listing, under prefered payment methods, paypal would not be ticked if they didnt want it being used.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          if they have told you its with the courier, and its been 4 days, id be very suspecious, what courier is it? is there a tracking number? what proof have the given you other than "just an email"?

Hi SXGuy, I've had the items delivered so there's not a problem there.

When you pay someone through paypal, they get an email confirmation that payment has been made, instantly, theres no delay. Open a dispute with paypal ASAP, they give you like 14 days to resolve the matter before they refund you, its vital you do this sooner than later.

I remember a few years ago waiting for a refund on a purchase and I was told that it took a few days before funds have cleared, but that was in the days when banks held on to your money for as long as they could!

Ive never won a bid on ebay where it was cash on collection only. But i would have though that when creating the listing, under prefered payment methods, paypal would not be ticked if they didnt want it being used

That's exactly what my son said and I did look at a few cash on collection items and paypal was listed as an option but the sellers stipulate that they want cash and not to use paypal
          I did send an email last night, questioning why the refund hadn't been sent and lo and behold, it has arrived this morning. Seller emailed to apologise for the delay.

All's well that end well! Thanks for posting guys

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

** I do wish you'd stop putting crappy CAG paperclip links on AAD
            Link removed

Comment

Thanks Elsa for whatever you've done. I'm still clueless!

Comment

phew! glad to hear you got your money back.
                cheers
                sa
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will now take note when I'm thinking of bidding on a collection only item and confirm with a seller beforehand if they want paypal used or not.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                    Thanks Elsa for whatever you've done. I'm still clueless!

Hi honey, just so you know, when people copy and paste from CAG, sometimes it includes CAG's own links to their products or pages. The links show up as blue words. It's just a case of deleting the blue words and retyping them, which removes the link. xxx

Comment

Thanks Elsa, I didn't realise it did that. I don't tend to post much over there now but I couldn't find where to start this thread on here but of course once I'd put it on CAG, I found the place!

Comment

Working...
                      X