GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA & The DWP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA & The DWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA & The DWP

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thats better.....

Been on long term incapacity but had the usual phonecall & forms to fill in before christmas about transferring me to the new ESA allowance...had a letter from the dreaded ATOS regards a medical (i'd already done my appeal letter just in case as i'd heard so many people fail..and suprise they didnt require me to have a medical and they would review my case in 3yrs, so jobcentre call saying it'll be the same money same day paid etc etc etc

due to start new benefit today & guess what..NO money gone in!!! spent 40 mins on an 0845 number to be told by some robot "oh we have no details on system about you" Hmmmm passed me to someone else who said "hmm well looks like we'll have to start a claim again" nooooooooooo way asked to speak to a supervisor who's just called me back...thankfully they did find me and hopefully monies owing should be with me tomorrow

for something thats streamlining its caused me a load of hassles!! dread to think how much the bloody phonecall cost!!!!!!!!

Re: ESA & The DWP

Phil,

They had never lost or mislaid you claim this is a stunt geared by them to start a new claim and fail you on the atos medical.

I am hearing of this happening all to often.

Luckily you held ground and they failed to reach there goal.

Well Done.

BTW There aim here is to get as many off ESA and DLA before the new Disability reforms come in so they can claim there idea is working and the budget has been drastically reduced.

The problem is this is being done at the cost of the claimants with increased stress, worry, depression and is thus called the new ATOS ILLNESS.
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 4 January 2012, 11:03.

Comment

I'd heard the same to be honest pompey but after being on the phone 40 odd minutes no way was I giving in....we'll see what happens to the promised funds tomorrow

if it's not paid then it'll be round 2

Comment

Isn't ATOS contractually obliged to reject applicants to meet the proportion of genuine claims that were plucked from thin air by the self-declared 'expert' Baron Fraud?

Comment

What a nightmare! Hope your money comes through tomorrow! X

Comment

It's so difficult. I know many, like yourself, who are totally genuine (as most are). However, I live in an area where abuse of the benefits system is rife and it is almost an accepted norm that if you live here you'll claim one or other benefit and then "hobble" - ie - do a cash in hand job on the side.

I know people who have been on Incapacity Benefit for years and years and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them at all. They seem to think the Welfare State owes them a living, or that it is there to be exploited.

While I sympathise totally with genuine claimants, of whom I am one, I can also see the need to stop this abuse.
            Last edited by BBoo; 4 January 2012, 17:46. Reason: typo

Comment

You should stop making allowances for the disingenuous David Fraud who, by his fibs to both main political parties, has been the worst abuser of the system.

Comment

How do you know that some claimants 'have nothing wrong with them'?

Comment

I think there will always be benefit cheats in the welfare system it virtually impossible to eradicate it in totality.

However there needs to be a better way of combating this issue without cause harm to those that is genuine which is what is happening now.

I do not have an answer as to how, but then I really do not think Government does too.

Perhaps they should pay more attention to DWP errors and the ATOS farce as that is costing more than benefit fraud itself.
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 4 January 2012, 17:04.

Comment

a lot of the problems with the system is the way its operated and managed. Quite frankly it's dismal and awful. I recently for the first time in my working life (30 years +) had to claim JSA and it was awful EVEN although I had every right and more than enough contributions to claim, it was made awkward and difficult. and they were patronising gits and couldn't answer a straight question, frankly I shed a tear when I came home through the shear banality and nitpicking stupidity. Anyway I didn't get any bloody money despite getting a letter confirming that of course I was entitled. Turns out that the systme couldn't cope with my signing on day being a bank holiday two weeks in a row and it should have been manually changed which it wasn't. Now none of this was of course my fault but the absolute indifference and defensiveness I have encountered this morning made me want to go aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhh too. No one is prepared to admit they got a very simple procedure wrong, no one wants to admit that they don't know why they got it wrong, and no bugger wants to put it right. Eventually after a very long time on the phone this morning, I did get it fixed, but won't get anything now until next Monday by which time I will have started my new job. Point to this is that the people are not well trained, take it from me they wouldn't last 2 mins in the private sector. this is of course coming from totally inept management which in turn is coming from some Civil servant who has never operated in the real world. successive governments have done nothing to address it, God help any poor claiment who has the audacity to complain!!! the ATOS thing was always doomed to failure because they were always wanting to go for the easy targets, the non controversial targets who would let them run right over them and not do something. The clued up claiments (lot of whom are foreign) know exactly what to say and do to get maximum out of the system and the civil servants co-operate for a quiet life. it is a national disgrace, I'd be black burn ashamed to be involved in any of it.

oooh that felt better............................................

Comment

Even,

I took my son to sign on the other day at 9am and they told him to come back at 2pm as they put him on a WFI the previous week.

Nice of them to let him know as it cost me a fiver in petrol and 70p to park fooking ell why did they not send a letter or pick up the phone is that too easy or are they hell bent on messing up someone's day.

Comment

they do not give a toss! they just want to sit there and pontificate and look down their noses. I spent 10 mins this morning trying to explain to a chap who couldn't speak English that I' had no money, his answer was that I hadn't signed on, he didn't appear to be aware of what a bank holiday was.................tell me how he got a job there????

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          How do you know that some claimants 'have nothing wrong with them'?
                          Because I'm related to some of them and they tell me there's nothing wrong with them! And yes, I have told them what I think about their abuses of the system.

Comment

If 50% of the public servants we have, and 50 % of NHS administrators were sacked overnight without redress, losing all of their pension rights because the boss i.e. us has decided to invest it somewhere else like our own pockets, like you can be in the private sector then the country would not even miss them. Things would run smoother, systems would be simpler, more transparent and fairer.

Has it not occurred to you that after 11 years in the full time education system it is damning indictment of the teaching trade and the education system that we turn out illiterate dross that infest these departments? Yet teachers demand a privileged place in society with over inflated salaries and pensions which they certainly have not earned.

The big bonus for all honest decent people in society who have to put up with this nonsense is that we would have a ready made workforce to bend their bone idle backs planting potatoes and other foods for little salary. Either that or starve as they tell us. Then we would not have to import so much and neither would anyone want to come here and sponge off us.

Double bloody whammy!!

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

Totally agree about the administrators. There's far too much red tape and far too many cottage industries feeding off the back of most public services.

Teachers are an awkward one. In my fairly extensive experience of these professionals (or not professionals as you may think), they are exceedingly diverse as in any job. Some are exceedingly good, some mediocre and some poor. What is needed is to get rid of the poor ones and actually put some academia back into schools.

I have seen teachers whose command of English is appalling, equally I've seen some (-eg- the one in the final of the University Challenge on New Years Eve) whose intellect is awesome.

What should also be addressed are the sanctions available to teachers, and in particular more freedom to good Headteachers to share the good practice and be left alone to run their schools as they see fit, rather than having to bow down to the demands of the local authority and government demands.

A good teacher will always, in my opinion, have a well disciplined, hard working class, whatever the childrens' backgrounds.
                              Last edited by BBoo; 4 January 2012, 18:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X