Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay

Bit of a weird one.

I had an online auction finish tonight and the buyer (there was only 1 bid) paid straight away, we're talking a tenner plus postage. They then sent me a message as follows:-

"Hello i'm not really interested in these games now, I'm not asking for money back, but keep the games and re Auction them if you would please, thanks"

I'll go back and make sure this is what they want, but assuming it is at this time of year I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, but my question is how do I close down the item, would I mark as despatached? As it wouldn't have gone recorded or anything due to the value so there's no tracking number to add.

Stumped, I've had pleanty of Buyers change their mind after winning, but never had someone pay and not want the goods.

Re: Ebay

neither have we

no idea, I suppose you would mark it despatched as technically it is I'd just be careful in case there is comeback on your feedback or with Ebay.

Comment

Leave it for a week or so.... to be honest you'd be best just doing that, the PP account may not be genuine so just leave things as they are and don't post anything.

If its dodgy PP will soon block the funds.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I suppose if I mark it as despatched then that is lying so I'd prefer to leave it open, just not sure what would happen with Ebays system and whether they would keep chasing me up to send it.

I think when I message the buyer back I'll say that I'll have to mark it as despatched just so it's not a suprise to them.

I'll leave it until later on in case anyone else has any input, although I can't see this being something that happens to often somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Leave it for a week or so.... to be honest you'd be best just doing that, the PP account may not be genuine so just leave things as they are and don't post anything.

If its dodgy PP will soon block the funds.
          Won't ebay keep chasing me and mark me down on their scoring for not sending within the 3 day time that I put on the listing ?

If not I've no problem with doing just that. I assume it's OK to go back to the buyer and thank them and make sure they are certain that's what they want to do.

Comment

That's very strange FUWTW

I've never had anything like that happen.

I think I'd alert ebay to let them know what the buyer has said just in case they (the buyer) later opens a dispute saying the item hasn't been received (there are some strange people out there!)
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              That's very strange FUWTW

I've never had anything like that happen.

I think I'd alert ebay to let them know what the buyer has said just in case they (the buyer) later opens a dispute saying the item hasn't been received (there are some strange people out there!)
              Thanks, I've got the buyers message that came through Ebay, so I can always forward them that if anything happens. Checking their FB though they seem legit and above board.

Comment

Or you know what, why not just cancel the whole thing and get your fee's back and leave it there..... It's not a lot is it and to be honest I did the same recently, we refunded someone and told them to keep the item even though the silly bint knew the size when she bought them! But it wasn't worth postage costs sending back twice so we just said keep it and here's your money back!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I wonder if they are expecting you to send them the proceeds of the next sale, and then will send a "not received" query via paypal.

Sounds dodgy to me - I wouldn't trust it...
                  If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

No, sounds moody to me too. Probably want it refunding at a later date to another account!
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Def sounds moody to me, i know its only a tenner, but with all the buyer protection ebay and paypal have, i wouldnt trust relisting it while holding the guys money.

Best thing to do, is cancel the order and refund the money, then relist the item, only way to cover yourself should he try something dodgy later like "they kept my money and relisted the item"

Wouldnt want to be trying to explain that one, even if i did have an email.

Comment

OK I'll go to cancel and refund, however I messaged them back last night thanking them and asked if they were sure and haven't heard anything back as yet.
                        So if I attempt to cancel don't they have to agree to it because as far as Ebays rules are concerned the buyer wants the item they've won ?

Really is a weird one, I also did wonder about the wording of the re-auction part of their message and wondered if they would then want the money back...mind you I only list this when it's a free listing weekend as it's not sold about 10 times previously

Comment

Don't worry too much about it - you have an email as proof that they wanted to cancel the transaction. I'd just refund it (if you can, not big on ebay!?!) and keep proof of refund and cancellation to hand, just in case the sh1t ever hits the fan!
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

It certainly is an odd one! Have you done it yet? Personally, when any bol like this happens to me, i contact e-bay, or check first what is available within the auction facility first.
                            I may be inclined to click on the "resolve a problem" link within the "more actions" part of the sold items bit. Then send them a brief message saying "you have paid for this item and immediately messaged me to say you don't want it. Please clarify, so i can get my fees refunded if you don't."
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                            X