GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How Fast is your Internet? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast is your Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Fast is your Internet?

Getting short bursts of a couple of operations at a time of normal speed butoverall is still very slow. It may be outside the forum as am unable to connect to website we have regularly accessed.

Ran all the suggested diagnostics OK it says and BT claim no problems. Have reset our router as well as clearing down as Niddy suggested.

Will see how things pan out.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Steves the man to ask mate
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its all ok from here and home again now ..

Comment

Hi guys ---- been an improvement through the afternoon and at least its usable at the moment. (Speedtest shows the same results on the Manchester server)

Thanks
          regards
          Garlok

Comment

Steve has sorted the who's online problem, should be much faster now.....?

* apparently the system tried to DNS everyone, he's turned this off which speeds it up.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Stevie
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks guys much better now. However yesterday's problems may have been some of BT's as well. We had an e-mail latish last night which said that they had been doing major updates to the e-mail structure to make it quicker and smoother, apologies for any inconvenience.

Wel it makes you

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb View Post
                  but from here @ the farm, its like watching a slug down a pint in one ..
                  If a slug were to drink a pint of anything, it would explode.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                    Getting short bursts of a couple of operations at a time of normal speed butoverall is still very slow. It may be outside the forum as am unable to connect to website we have regularly accessed.

Ran all the suggested diagnostics OK it says and BT claim no problems. Have reset our router as well as clearing down as Niddy suggested.
                    Have you considered flushing the power unit?

Comment

• Re: NEW - Moderator Chat Thread

Putting this here cos need a quick answer really - and there is always people here.

Broadband
                      Currently with BT but have full sky as well - can get whole bosh with sky for £10 more than current package (so save about £30 on Bt)

BUT - even though we get 6 / 6.5MB with BT, Sky say they can only say we will get between 3 and 5 and that anything above 0.5 is deemed to be fair and sufficient.

They are calling back at 7 - but my arguement is that we should surely get around the same speed - after all the exchange isnt moving.

Am I missing anything here?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar we had sky broadband a few years back and to be honest it wasn't that great - we ended up changing as could never get on it and has such slow speep - they ended up paying us compensation - but as I say this was a few years back not sure if have improved............

Comment

yes mate. Have a look at our saga with BT over Christmas. If Sky are using servers and equipment in your local exchange then they might not be on the "best" cables out of the exchange. We are BT and we were down on 2 meg. Lots of unreliability problems as well. Full makeover Christmas eve including new pole cables and the like. Pleae note CHANGE OF CABLE FROM EXCHANGE to green connection box over the road and we over doubled the speed. So some one who is not a BT customer now has our old duff routing at a slawer sped.

This is all denied offically of course.

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Thanks Loo and G.

Think thats our issue. 0.5 /1 meg is no good, but if they matched what we have - all well and good.

If they cant, well looks like the sky package is going to be knocked on the head!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar speak to nids he recently changed to sky so may have some tips in getting the speed up as he did.
                              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 5 January 2012, 19:16.

Comment

Read this Oscar: ---> How Fast is your Internet?

Explains everything there - sky will always be faster than BT but you do a simple test to check the actual speeds available in your area by clicking this first: ---> SkyUser - Sky Broadband Availability and Exchange Checker (check the speed for DSL Max)

Also check your own available speeds here: ---> Packages

If that says 16Mb then you'll get anything upto that, for example. The minimum is correct, but they say that to cover themselves - basically it will be faster, anything upto whatever the sky speed text confirms is available in YOUR area....

Comment

Working...
                                X