GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How Fast is your Internet? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast is your Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Fast is your Internet?

Dunno mate but hows your internet security? Are you wireless? Our Norton did not like speedtest at all!!!

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

That is mine on sky unlimited, how do you guys on sky manage to get a result x3 higher?
      For twenty dollah....... Remember the film? Remember the saying...!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wireless yes and using MSE ( no not the mse online but microsoft security essentials)

Never had a good experience with Norton so I say well away from that one
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3 November 2011, 21:46.

Comment

Wireless yes and using MSE ( no not the mse online but microsoft security essentials)

Just the one PC? at home

nothing else in the house on the wifi network?

Comment

Lol just kidding, dinnae stress lad! I've text Steve but I'd not worry - he'll know what it is!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'd give your system the once over with the security scan mate but Niddy is getting stevie in isn't he?

As I say Norton got just a little upset with speedtest so I didn't download. Flagged a high security risk which is unusual.

Garlok

Comment

One desktop downstairs and 2 PC'S and a laptop upstairs router is upstairs and this desktop is closes to the router

Comment

Thanks nid no stress here m8 i am ultra cool with a bud in my hand lol

Comment

I think maybe there are two PC'S with the same IP so need to change my IP address, however I'm not sure how to do that so ill await steve's instruction as I'm sure he will know.

Comment

Its pretty easy to sort....i'll step back for stevie

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                        Its pretty easy to sort....i'll step back for stevie
                        Nooo tell us lol

Comment

bit of a read here

IP Address Conflicts - What Is an IP Address Conflict?

Comment

the easiest way would be

If you have a router within your home so that you can connect more than one PC to your Internet, then the router assigns an internal IP address to each computer. For some reason it has given the same IP address to two computer. You will need to renew the IP address on your computer

Start button > Run > Type in: cmd > type in the DOS window: ipconfig /renew

This will release and renew your IP address and resolve the issue if it is at your router.

If that fails, shut down all your computers. Unplug the power to your router. Wait 30 seconds for it to clear. Repower the router. Restart the PCs. That should clear all the IP addresses and force the router to give out new ones.

If you only have one computer directly hooked your ISP's modem, then the issue is on their part. They have assigned the same IP address to two of their modems. They will need to resolve that issue.

Comment

Anyone know what this means?
                              Yeah you have a duplicate IP address

Are the network cards on the two PC's configured to automatically get the IP addresses from your wireless router or are they statically assigned.

If you're on Win XP you can check by.......

Clicking on Start button
                              Right Click 'My Network Places'
                              Select 'Properties'

You'll then get a list of all your network connections.....

Right click your wireless connection option
                              select properties

You'll then have the Wireless Network Connection Properties Window.

In this window, in the General tab, scroll down to where it says Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Click the properties button

You should then see your IP address information where it'll tell you if its selecting an IP address automatically or if its manually assigned.

If you're not using Windows XP I've wasted 5 mins of my time and you're buggered!!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                                the easiest way would be

If you have a router within your home so that you can connect more than one PC to your Internet, then the router assigns an internal IP address to each computer. For some reason it has given the same IP address to two computer. You will need to renew the IP address on your computer

Start button > Run > Type in: cmd > type in the DOS window: ipconfig /renew

This will release and renew your IP address and resolve the issue if it is at your router.

If that fails, shut down all your computers. Unplug the power to your router. Wait 30 seconds for it to clear. Repower the router. Restart the PCs. That should clear all the IP addresses and force the router to give out new ones.

If you only have one computer directly hooked your ISP's modem, then the issue is on their part. They have assigned the same IP address to two of their modems. They will need to resolve that issue.
                                If your IP address is automatically assigned, follow the above, if its manually assigned change it on one of the PC's............
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X