GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How Fast is your Internet? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast is your Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Fast is your Internet?

Plusnet Fibre £19.99 a month for the Fibre and £13.99 a month for the phoneline

Need to get a better router as the plusnet supplied one is really naff.

Plus allows me to play around with a few servers

Infact i'm running a 2008 r2 server running sharepoint 2010 for testing purposes

Although i am getting a VM @ work to do the same.

But meh gotta do something with my spare time
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Niddy as a POI

Whats the speed that the forum server is running at?
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

We run on cloud mate so we set tenants to deal with spikes. It can use 0-100% of resources.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Comment

7154 kbps DOWNLOAD SPEED
            799 kbps UPLOAD SPEED

not good, with Sky Broadband in a built up residential estate

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post

Now i have a real Internet Connection

wishing that I had the previous result to myself instead of sharing this naff one.

Though been looking into 1Gbs Download and Upload from Hyperoptic https://hyperoptic.com/web/guest/home

If only eh?

Comment

This will make you all laugh......this is my results!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speed Test.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1407006
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I get download of 10 and upload of 0.89.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ping 10, download 51.6 upload 4.73

Now considering I have the super duper package with Virgin, they are telling me that's good and need to get a better laptop.

Comment

my result was .

;ping 28. download 18.80, upload 0.99
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

26.64 and 8.20

Comment

Not too bad to say I'm out in the sticks with a long run to the nearest exchange.

Comment

Heres mine:

Just moved over to TalkTalk Business. So much cheaper than BT and much faster than my old provider. I was thinking of having fibre, but the speeds of standard b/b are fast enough for now and the prices less than half the cost of fibre. Although my upload speed isn't great, it never has been with any provider round these parts...
                            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

and at work this is my speedtest

I will have better than this at home (one day and in a dream haha )

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                                I was thinking of having fibre, but the speeds of standard b/b are fast enough for now and the prices less than half the cost of fibre.
                                Wish I had the option. They seem to have bypassed here when doing nearby areas.

Still, as with you the normal ADSL is about as fast as you get on that, so it's OK for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X