GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How Fast is your Internet? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast is your Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Fast is your Internet?

Just got an offer from o2 tonight............

Unlimited Broadband, Router Box, Line Rental (New install line in premises 'as i not got a phone line' ((£86, but is an o2 customer, only £43)), 12 Mth contract All for = £15.25 p/mth + £40.00 Voucher for joining.............

Average Speed 12-16MB
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

5corpio,

Like everything while it may sound good do your homework first, they say unlimited but the only truly unlimited service I know off is sky.

Who are you with now and who is your TV service provider?

Comment

We've been with Sky for ages and on the whole been perfectly satisfied. However, one downside is that every so often we become aware that it has slowed down fairly considerably - it happens gradually over a period of time, so you're not really aware of it happening.

We have found one phone call to Sky - insist on going to their second tier team who actually have some idea what they're talking about, and they turn up the speed again for you.

I don't know whether this slow down is a normal issue, or just Sky playing silly buggers, but it has happened a few times over the years with us.
        Last edited by BBoo; 11 January 2012, 19:12. Reason: Need to go back to school to learn to spell.

Comment

BBoo,

Yes that has happened a couple of times with me and as you say a phone call sorts it, however the beauty is that the unlimited service truely is unlimited no restrictions on downloading at all and as my son downloads a lot of music related programs of a large size that is a big bonus.

When I was with BT I was forever getting emails telling me we had exceeded the download limit and was thus limiting our service.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            5corpio,

Like everything while it may sound good do your homework first, they say unlimited but the only truly unlimited service I know off is sky.

Who are you with now and who is your TV service provider?
            Hi PF

I've already done my homework (i called them).
            i don't own or have a landline
            Freesat
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

O2 Broadband from £7.50 | Compare O2 Broadband Deals & Offers

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                Hi PF

I've already done my homework (i called them).
                i don't own or have a landline
                Freesat
                Please could you expand on this?

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post

Comment

i don't own a Landline - i use a Dongle for internet - 3GB £15 p/mth

BT would charge £200 to put a telephone line - in the property, thus paying £200, followed by signing a 24 mth contract to have a phoneline and a broadband connection (whatever the costs are = more than o2 anyhoo).

o2, will put an line in for half price, as i am an long serving customer ie £86. xp for the sum of £43 xp for the engineer to come out. Phone line and All Rounder unlimted internet package able to recieve up to 20MB (subject to traffic - ie 12-16MB) speed as i live about 200 yrs from the exchange for £6.25 rather than £12.50 (as an long customer of o2), and the phone line would be £9 Flat. Or £10.50 for weekend and evening calls (But i have enough mins on Phone, so wont need)

Comment

5corpio,

Gotcha now yes BT are crap anyway

Comment

i don't own a Landline - i use a Dongle for internet - 3GB £15 p/mth
                        Excellent - that's what I was hoping for. We are doing away with our landline (and hence broadband) at the end of this month - broadband goes in 5 days!) as we have loads of contracted minutes and 3 dongles giving 15GB of internet each, as well as two smart phones which can be used as a dongle to access the web. There's even an app so several computers can access through one phone.

This is why I've been working through the apps to find a good one for recording from a mobile. The speed on a dongle is sufficient for us.

Last edited by BBoo; 11 January 2012, 21:27.

Comment

i as i live about 200 yrs from the exchange
                          Light years or Lunar years

Comment

Yrds...........

Comment

Cubits???

Garlok

Comment

Excellent - that's what I was hoping for. We are doing away with our landline (and hence broadband) at the end of this month - broadband goes in 5 days!) as we have loads of contracted minutes and 3 dongles giving 15GB of internet each, as well as two smart phones which can be used as a dongle to access the web. There's even an app so several computers can access through one phone.

This is why I've been working through the apps to find a good one for recording from a mobile. The speed on a dongle is sufficient for us.

Just a quick thought BBoo

if you are an o2 mobile customer (more than 2 years), you get your phoneline 1/2 price and broadband 1/2 price.

mine is going to cost me total: £15.00 p/mth: (12mth contract), rollover for another year (if happy with them), if you sign up before March 2012

unlimited internet (Yes its unlimited usage - subject to traffic watch)
                                wifi router unit (Free)
                                telephone line rental
                                *evening and weekend calls £1.90 extra (thats an add on, but i have enough free mins so not bothering with that)

i'll post my line speed (when its all connected, got the router box, engineering coming out to install me a new phone line 1/2 price £43 rather than £86)

Good luck on either BBoo, network 3, i've found very good (but depends on your HSPDA network area for reception) Linky for postcode Huawei Premium dongle on Three

Comment

Working...
                                X