GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How Fast is your Internet? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast is your Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mod Chat Part 9!

Originally posted by stevieb View Post
    29.5db! hells bells that is 2.1km from the exchange .. or a really shitty line lol.

you should have a consistent 16mb - 16.5mb down so a sync of 17mb-17.5mb would suffice.

unless they have seriously oversold on the contention ratio, which _could_ explain it .
    I suppose a bad line is possible, but as said, it is fairly new.

The fact that it has dropped gradually from about 14.5Mb a few years ago to that now makes me think Sky may be 'managing' it gradually down.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: How Fast is your Internet?

I live 200yds from local xchange; I have an extension that Barratt put in when *they* cut thru the cables and nothing plugged in to my homehub (don't have a traditional type router)! Oh yea I have Vodafone sure signal plugged in via Ethernet.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
        You would be amazed at how many people always think larger is better.

You could well have been serious.
        Haha I know, but the way I said it said it all ie it's utter shyte!!

Gutted

* Steve would kick my arse if I didn't understand those basics mate - I'm actually semi in the know; I know it's shyte and slow - and im semi mad for paying that amount - hows that!? Lol
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Mod Chat Part 9!

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
          I suppose a bad line is possible, but as said, it is fairly new.

The fact that it has dropped gradually from about 14.5Mb a few years ago to that now makes me think Sky may be 'managing' it gradually down.
          Regards wiring, I did try the router directly in the master socket by taking the faceplate off and plugging in there. With nought else attached.

Made little or no difference. :/
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thats mine

a very piss poor effort
            It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Mine -
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1384416
              on HSDPA Connection - not broadband

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post

Thats mine

a very piss poor effort
                Have you asked them to replace the piece of string?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Have you asked them to replace the piece of string?
                  the mouse managed to swipe the piece of cheese from the string and scappered!!

Comment

I just ran the test four times and the results got worse each time. I'm stopping otherwise I'm going to lose my internet!

Comment

That is mine on sky unlimited, how do you guys on sky manage to get a result x3 higher?

Comment

BBOO,

Mine was only 2 mb/s until I rebooted the router try that m8

Comment

Its not the string, the cocoa tins have not been the same since that yankee cheese firm took over Cadburys. Bloody cheapskates

Garlok

Comment

Virgin Media Cable connection....

Comment

Anyone know what this means?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                                Anyone know what this means?
                                Lol that ain't good mate - ill get Steve to pop in lol

Comment

Working...
                                X