GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How Fast is your Internet? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast is your Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Fast is your Internet?

Forum seems OK here.

The who's online page is often painfully slow to load, but that is nothing new.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oddly enough, I've just had a message from IF to say she can't get on these forums at all.

Odd.....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi riz,

Just thanked both of your last two messages and still it has not arrived at the base of them whilst I have typed this and I know it take about 30 to 45 seconds to post this.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
          Hi riz,

Just thanked both of your last two messages and still it has not arrived at the base of them whilst I have typed this and I know it take about 30 to 45 seconds to post this.

regards
          Garlok
          Well, I just thanked yours and it was instant.

As was posting this message.

Maybe it's just some ISPs, areas, or network routing that are experiencing problems with connections to this site?

Comment

Thanks is java loaded.

This happens now and again. Just clear history/cache and reopen forums. It'll be fine then mate.

Usually happens on iPhone a lot
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
              Forum seems OK here.

The who's online page is often painfully slow to load, but that is nothing new.
              I've asked Steve to check the slow response on who's online, out.

He will update when he tests it I presume. Bear with us.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

A quick look I would say its a routing issue, its awfully slow from here on a BT line ..
                but from my house on the Sky routing its as fast as usual.

I will nose @ the whosonline page.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb View Post
                  A quick look I would say its a routing issue, its awfully slow from here on a BT line ..
                  but from my house on the Sky routing its as fast as usual.

I will nose @ the whosonline page.
                  I'm on sky and so is rizzle (I think).... Slow for me mate. Upto 20 seconds at times

Comment

from here on the home machine I can log on/post/refresh with almost zero delay ..

Comment

but from here @ the farm, its like watching a slug down a pint in one ..

Comment

Its worrying when I have to use a wireless network to a bt router on an 8mb line remoting into a machine 80 miles away through a custom built router onto a wireless network to actually post faster ..

I would say its a routing issue around birmingham thats where I am losing packets from the BT line :S ill investigate further

Comment

interestingly I have spotted a problem with the forums which will go on the todo list

Comment

definitely a routing issue .. sorry guys its out of my remit and I dont think the associated company would like me to point out their failings and pay my invoice

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb View Post
                              interestingly I have spotted a problem with the forums which will go on the todo list

Comment

Server online since: 263 days, 0:09 hours
                                Users Online: 0
                                System load 1 minute: 0.15
                                System load 5 minutes: 0.07
                                System load 15 minutes: 0.01

Just to show off like

Comment

Working...
                                X