GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water Bills 2014-2015 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Bills 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Bills 2014-2015

The new yearly statement came in the post this morning......

DWR CYMRU Welsh Water:

Total for the year: £527.84

This is made up of: £220.67 for Water Charge
    Sewerage Charge £307.17
    total= £527.84 @ £52.78 over 10 months.

On the back of the statement it states:
    SURFACE WATER DRAINAGE:
    If none of the rainwater falling on your premises and grounds enters the public sewer, you can claim a reduction to your sewerage charges, any reduction will apply from 01 April of the year which the claim is made.

Am being dull here but I really do not understand what this means? lol the nearest sewerage drainage/drain is on the end house to me, so I take it this will not apply to me?

Re: Water Bills 2014-2015

The volume charge for the water supply
    service is based on the amount of water
    supplied to your property, and this will
    normally be the volume of water recorded
    on the meter in each billing period (normally
    six months).
    To calculate the water volume charge we
    multiply the volume of water supplied (in
    cubic metres) by the metered water volume
    charge.
    The volume charge for the sewerage service
    is based on 92.5% of the volume of water
    supplied

------ > http://www.southernwater.co.uk/pdf/f...eChgsGuide.pdf

I know this is southerwater but still explains the charges.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2. Sewerage – also based on the water used
      and measured by the meter. The sewerage
      charge includes a charge for surface water
      and highway drainage. This covers the cost of
      draining, treating and disposing of rainwater.
      If none of your rainwater drains to the public
      sewer then you will be exempt from this
      element of your charges. A Surface Water
      Drainage Rebate form can be requested by
      calling 0800 052 0145. The effective date
      of any claim will be 1st April of the charge
      year in which the Company receives the
      application. For most customers we assume
      that almost all water returns to the sewer
      except, for example, that used for drinking,
      cooking or watering the garden. If you
      believe that less than 95% of your water
      returns to the sewer and you can prove this
      by measurement, you can claim a reduction
      in your sewerage charges. Application forms
      for a non-return to sewer allowance can
      be obtained by calling 0800 052 0145. The
      effective date of any claim is 1st April of the
      charge year in which the claim is received.

Here you go got the right one---> https://www.dwrcymru.com/_library/le...of_charges.pdf
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

In simplistic terms (cos I is simple!) as I understand it, Di, it means that when it rains, where does the rain end up going.

If it ends up in a drain (by running off your property/land/roof, gutters etc) and into a drain, then you pay the charge. This could be a drain in the road, down the street, or where ever, it's where if finally ends up.

Most people do pay the charge unless they have some sort of special circumstances, ie. a soakaway installed to take the rainwater instead.
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

LOL in my case the rainwater just hangs about as a pool of flood for days at the front of my house lol.
          Despite that, we do one one puny drain coming down from the guttering on the one side which takes the next door neighbours as well.

The Sewerage drain are on the end of our terraced street.

Mine you our water pressure is not good but I thought that was down to using mixer taps......

Comment

Thank you :-)

Also to add, we have one loo, one bath, one shower and 2 hand basin's, and last year a water tap added, that was because we had outside new insulation done, that was added free of charge lol. No dishwasher just my hands lol) but I do use the washing machine on a regular daily basis, so it all adds up x

Comment

Here's our's here;

http://www.dwrcymru.com/_library/lea...of_charges.pdf

Comment

Thank you both for the info.

I hear that many are having meters these days but is this ideal for everyone?

On checking, we do not have any actual Sewer drains, just the standard small drains like diddly explaines, so basically one out the front of the house where the downpipe comes down this is on my property but used for next door too, so any rain etc will run down that into the small drain, and of course 2 small ones out the rear, for the bathroom/kitchen water system etc..

We do not have manhole sewer drains, next door on each side to us in their garden's, we are a row of terraced houses, and then just outside out of our property there is one larger one for water to run into, so that one is the responsibility of the water board.

Comment

So where would I stand then if the sewer drain (under the trees practically) outside of our property, where it does not stop surface water entering my own property?

As the one outside our property is the responsibility of the water board.

We have puddles of water from the rain inside of our front garden, because the drain outside is in a dip in the road so whereas under a kerbed area?

Comment

Di, you would have to contact your local water board for advice. However, if you have any small drains on your property that take rain water away from your roof, for example, then it will probably be ending up in the sewer drain. A dye test would prove it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                      Di, you would have to contact your local water board for advice. However, if you have any small drains on your property that take rain water away from your roof, for example, then it will probably be ending up in the sewer drain. A dye test would prove it.
                      Thank you. x

I have left an email with Welsh Water just to see what they say, as the Public drain (the only one there is outside of the properties) is under 50ft trees and always getting blocked with leaves, and with the kerb above the excessive water runs directly into our property grounds causing flooding each time it rains, back in the Summer last year, we dug up the grass in our front garden, put down membrane and drainage stones in hope this would prevent it from happening but with no joy.

Now another dum and dizzy question from me, lol, the dye test, how do i do this, what stuff and where from, do i tip it in the small drain and check where from there?

Thanks lol x

Here is the email received from Welsh Water......

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your email. We are currently liaising with our Network Team to get a response to your query below and we will respond to you fully within the next 10 working days.Kind regards
                      Sewerage Services

Comment

I have claimed this in the past re. my pond…. and I assume that people rich enough to have swimming pools could also claim a rebate. In reality though, the rebate isn't enough to buy a pocket of fags with so I no longer bother claiming it.
                        Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Mine is like the top pic in regards of diagram.

http://www.dwrcymru.com/en/My-Accoun...-Drainage.aspx

Comment

To do a dye test, you need to be able to lift the lid on the local sewer drain. Then take some water which has been dyed nice and bright so you can see it; food colouring would do! It would help if you had one person checking the drain and one pouring the water otherwise you'll have to run real quick

Poor plenty of water down a drainpipe and see if it goes through the sewer; you'll know when it does if you've died it bright enough. Just make sure you know which way the water flows. Perhaps put died water down the loo and flush that too, as that will DEFINITELY go down the sewer

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                              To do a dye test, you need to be able to lift the lid on the local sewer drain. Then take some water which has been dyed nice and bright so you can see it; food colouring would do! It would help if you had one person checking the drain and one pouring the water otherwise you'll have to run real quick

Poor plenty of water down a drainpipe and see if it goes through the sewer; you'll know when it does if you've died it bright enough. Just make sure you know which way the water flows. Perhaps put died water down the loo and flush that too, as that will DEFINITELY go down the sewer
                              LMAO!!! will get hubby to do that then lol!!! LOL!

The only one I can see of a public sewer though is those once where it ridges under the kerb, so just a gap but unable to see the water, doh!! So its just like a slit realy lol! If I end up down there I will be stuck there forever pmsl!! LOL!

Thanks for the info though, "orders for hubby" lol! x

Comment

Working...
                              X