Eon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eon

I was one month late paying my eon gas/electricity bill from march. I received a few letters and then got a double bill for April. Fair enough. thats what has always happened in the past. I have just paid the march / arrears component of that double bill.

I got a letter from eon yesterday saying that unless I pay the WHOLE amount ie tje double march and April sum within 3 days its going to debt collection. But the April part of that sum isn't late and I've now paid the march component.

So I rang eon and they won't budge. Because they lumped both bills together that sum is now with collections. Can this be right?

Re: Eon

Originally posted by Blodwin View Post
    I was one month late paying my eon gas/electricity bill from march. I received a few letters and then got a double bill for April. Fair enough. thats what has always happened in the past. I have just paid the march / arrears component of that double bill.

I got a letter from eon yesterday saying that unless I pay the WHOLE amount ie tje double march and April sum within 3 days its going to debt collection. But the April part of that sum isn't late and I've now paid the march component.

So I rang eon and they won't budge. Because they lumped both bills together that sum is now with collections. Can this be right?
    Contact regulator as this is bloody minded of them!

Team Telephone: 020 7901 7295
    Fax: 020 7901 7066
    Email: consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk

Ofgem - London
    9 Millbank,
    London,
    SW1P 3GE
    Tel: 020 7901 7000
    Fax: 020 7901 7066
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yea they can and do, do it.

You're best to try and pay the arrears. Not in 3 days like.

However that said you must be more than that in arrears or the amount you pay includes past arrears as they only merge accounts / split accounts if they're going to put prepayment meter in or sell the debt - usually at 6 months of no payments or contact.

I know this. I refused to pay eon for 2 years - im paying for it now mind you (£250pm)!! Lol
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Op said they have "done this before" which implies hes been in this situation where theres an arrears more than once, in which case Eon have prob had enough.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm sure they have had enough of me, I can't afford a pot to piss in

However it is absolutely the case that this letter refers to march and April bills only.

I was late with March and they merged it with April. Got a double bill, paid the match / arrears part.

But they demand the April bit now because lumped in with arrears. As Aprils bill is only due about now I felt that eon were being heavy handed....

Comment

its so unreasonable of these feckers. do they think money can be magic'd from somewhere?! grrrr
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

feckers they are

Comment

Working...
              X