GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RANDOM - Filing! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANDOM - Filing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANDOM - Filing!

Hi all,

I'd like to consider myself fairly organised and tidy. Not obsessive but but with a small kitchen and several times whilst at uni i managed to organise my "stuff" pretty well........but one thing i cant seem to get as organised......

paperwork!

I don't like to keep things for the sake of it but i'm forever getting stressed about losing receipts guarentees and things I'm suppose to keep. I bought some little filing things from wilkos but they don't seem big enough?

So really any suggestions would be really helpful and I'm sure hubby would appreciate it too!!

Oh and every bill that can be paperless is so I don't have that much but seem to lose stuff or take ages to find it.
    Last edited by malamute; 13 October 2011, 09:16. Reason: missed a bit!

Re: RANDOM - Filing!

ugh don't ask me i am the WOLRDS worst filer

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
      ugh don't ask me i am the WOLRDS worst filer
      Nail's
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've got 2 lever arch files and a heap of punched pockets to keep my stuff in but a couple of these may be handy for you -

5 Star Office Expanding Box File 20 Pockets A-Z Foolscap Blue: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products
        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

i use plastic A4 button wallets £3.50 free P&P on ebay and i print out lable stickers to stick on them marked as: Misc, Reciepts, utilties, etc or buy a A4 Lever Case Raymans or Wilkinsons £9.99 -
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

After 3 years of unenforceability on 14 account's mine looks like this

Comment

These are the only thing to use for Filing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1384050

Everything else I just put in a pile on top of my desk

Now where did I leave that Barstard File
              That's one for removing large quantity's of metal

One day I must stop messing about and get organised.

Regards, Handy
              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Handy does your good lady not do your organising for you?!
                Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                  Handy does your good lady not do your organising for you?!
                  She tries (bless her) but Handy's probably one of the most disorganised people you will ever meet.

Unless I go into Military Mode, then just watch me go.
                  Normally starts a row though.

I'm always getting told "If you put it away then you would find it"
                  My reply is "If you remembered where you had moved it to for me, then I could find it".

OK It's a MAN thing
                  Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                  Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    These are the only thing to use for Filing.

[ATTACH]2095[/ATTACH]

Everything else I just put in a pile on top of my desk

Now where did I leave that Barstard File
                    That's one for removing large quantity's of metal

One day I must stop messing about and get organised.

Regards, Handy
                    Won't one of the other fuc one's do?

Comment

Everything I cant find is in a totally secure place !

Comment

LOL
                        My OH can't find things if they're in full view. We're doing the house up and everytime I bring up what the next job is he looks askance and says "What??? Why do we need to do that???" So the other day I (finally) lost my patience and told him he was losing the plot.
                        I then did a big A3 sheet with black felt tip writing, headed "THE PLOT" , wrote all the jobs down that we have to do before they come to rip the kitchen out in November, and stuck it on the wall next to the pc monitor.

Did he see it???? Answers on a postcard

With regards to filing, I have one of those drawer units from Ikea..a bit bigger than A4 size with loads of drawers, so about 30" high (similar to this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40107872/ )

I use the top as a dumping drawer for new stuff I've read but not sorted, then sort into the other drawers when I've got time.

Shepherdess x

Comment

Ooh, that is smart, Shepherdess.. if they deliver, then I might just order a couple for myself

Comment

great sheperhdess - i liked the thought of the ones recommended on amazon by having looked at what we've got i don't think they'll be big enough - manuals and guarentees etc are aplenty!

thanks so much everyone!! i half way there i reckon!

Comment

I scan online and drag-drop into the relevant folder, within a folder directory. Access it online or via desktop (URL would be similar to http://www.yourdomain.com/FOLDERNAME/word" . doc )

Easiest, safest and simple....

* If anyone wants some space to do this let us know cos we do sell such packages you know
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X