GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Travel to USA with business equipment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to USA with business equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to USA with business equipment

Hi, my son is travelling to USA for 2 weeks and is taking 2 cases of equipment for specific tests to be run.

does he need any specific declarations to get into USA?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Travel to USA with business equipment

This may help---> http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/work.html

Edit.....Ask here ----> .http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Also check with DTI and the owners of any licence or patent owners as well as owners of products.

There are constraints on the export from UK and import and re-export to US and re-import to UK. Something's can go one way but not be allowed back, so it could be expensive. If anything concerning MoD or DoD clearances may also take a long time.

Visas also need to declare business visit and addresses of places/persons visited.

Comment

Bless my son and his company!

he earns a pittance and iths tickets were only booked yesterday! He has his ESTA and has been told he will need to fill hi a declaration and there may be more problems returning than going......... No one has mentioned dollars, but at least he has company travel insurance!

Comment

I hope the company is paying in advance for his hotel. I found paying £2000 for accommodation and reclaiming on expenses took months especially when the hotel charged twice once for the card used to check in and once for the card used to settle. So much for brains at Harvard..

If in a large city he needs a fist full of 1 dollar bills to tip everyone he makes eye contact with. Forget the bellboy/doorman and he will never get a taxi, forget the bar staff and drinks will never come. It's the15% tips to food waiters that stings.

And check that his phone is covered for expenses. Roaming charges will be high. Lastly credit cards need to be authorized for use in us or they may be declined.

Is there not a person who deals with travel etc in his company? If so arrange for some expenses up front, and see if he is able to use a company credit card or debit card. Alsso check he can use it to invite colleagues/hosts using it - daily/ total spend etc.

Comment

Thanks for all this. He flies tomorrow, which is only 3 days from when it was all booked which is why I am a little concerned! It's all been arranged through the travel department of his company which is based abroad......
            hotel is paid for, there is company travel insurance and Skype is set up. But no dollars and he has been told to buy everything on his credit card and will be reimbursed on his return!!
            He is a bit of a genius in his field, but lacks confidence, so won't say anything about stuff. It drives us mad, one day he should be earning decent money, but at present the toilet cleaners at the British factory which is based hundreds of miles away earn £3 per hour more than he does!

Comment

Working...
            X