GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Contractual Parking Charge Notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contractual Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractual Parking Charge Notice

Hi, hope someone can help.

Daughter was using my sons car for work and parked in a b&m car park where her boyfriend has parked loads of times for his job as it's free (no parking at their place of work).

Son gets a letter from G24 Ltd stating the car was parked for 405 mins when only 150 are permitted FOC. The parking charge amount is £90.00 within 28 days or £50.00 if paid within 14 days. If not paid within 28 days it will be forwarded to a debt recovery agency and there may be additional costs for late payment.

You are now invited to
    a) pay the unpaid parking charge or
    b) if you were not the driver of the vehicle, to notify us the name of the driver blah blah blah if not we have the right to recover from you.

Does this have to be paid ?

Re: Contractual Parking Charge Notice

Friendly bump

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
      Friendly bump
      mystery1 is your man ....I'll send him a PM ...feel free to do the same
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ahh ok thx

Comment

Ok, so we have an IPC member here so no popla just theias appeals which is much harder, but doable.

Firstly we need to do a 1st stage appeal which almost always gets rejected.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Many thanks, is it OK to do this online (their letter says it can be) or should I do by letter ?

I'll word it exactly as above but as an aside apparently there are signs but, and I need to double check with my daughter, they say something about Tesco who occupied the premises before B&M. Don't know if that will help, if it does I'll get them to take a pic.

hat is strange is that the boyfriend has parked there loads of times and has not heard a thing, this was daughters first time

Thx for your help, much appreciated

Comment

Online is best. The signs are meaningless at this stage but photos would be great for later.

As for the randomness .......

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                Online is best. The signs are meaningless at this stage but photos would be great for later.

As for the randomness .......

M1
                Ok, I'll get them to check just in case I got that bit wrong and photograph if applicable.

Oooh that's a teaser re the randomness I think it's because it's a brand new car whereas the boyfriends is an old banger so they think they've more chance of getting money paid. Her boyfriend is going to see what the signs say tomorrow.

Appeal has been lodged online today
                Last edited by lookingforward; 24 March 2016, 20:31.

Comment

Hi M1

I've sent you a pm re the reply I've rec'd

Comment

RE: Contractual Parking Charge Notice 628160307014

Thank you for your email.

You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the date and time of the breach of the contractual terms of the car park, however you have failed to inform us who was.

Judge Ackroyd, 2008, Oldham Court, Combined Parking Solutions versus Mr Stephen Thomas, in the case where Mr Thomas claimed not to be the driver, but did not state who was, ruled that on the balance of probability he was the driver and ordered the Charge to be paid plus additional court costs.

If, at the end of the period of 28 days (beginning with the day after the date on which this correspondence is issued), you have not complied with the above, then we have the right to take recovery action against you.

There are sufficient signs at the entrance to and in prominent locations throughout the car park displaying the terms and conditions. Your are welcome to revisit the site to view the signage, we advise you to adhere to the terms and conditions of parking when visit the site.
                    Our signage complies with the Independent Parking Committee's Approved Operator Scheme.

Please supply copies of your receipts for the day in question or your bank statement with your private details erased showing the transaction(s) on our client's site. As a gesture of goodwill we may re-evaluate your appeal. Please do not send in original documents as they will not be returned.

As we have extensively investigated this Contractual Parking Charge Notice and provided you with the results of our investigation, no further investigation will be undertaken. Any further correspondence will not receive a response, the options below are still open to you.

You now have one of the following options available to you:

1. Pay the outstanding Parking Charge. Payment of your Contractual Parking Charge Notice can be made via the payment line: 0333 733 3000 or by sending a cheque or postal order to G24 Limited, PO Box 3320, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8WT.

2. If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to The Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org), The Independent Appeals Service provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the The Independent Appeals Service Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

3. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

Customer Services
                    G24 Ltd

https://www.theias.org/userguide/article/57

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1410806

Register the intent to appeal. When they lodge the prima facie case we'll lodge an appeal for which we get 10 working days to do so.

M1

Comment

Is this an automated number recognition car park or do 'trained eyes' visually inspect the CCTV?

I don't suppose it much matters if you admit the 'offence', but it will lay a different emphasis the 'offence'. Is the limit to enable a better flow of customers or to provide income by hiring out parking spaces?

Most if not all shops with car parks have converted to this method of allowing 'free' parking for 60/90/120 mins with no return within 2 hours. However, in most cases there is no way to pay for extra time. So what happens when you have to return within 2 hours or the queues or service is so bad you overstay? Most if not all car parks now have restrictions, as have roads making parking anywhere in London's terraced street impossible. Has it been done to increase the home delivery services of the likes of Amazon, Tesco and Ocado?

Comment

Thanks M1

Went to the IAS website and went to appeal giving the number and reg and am getting this:

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Your PCN or Registration Number has not been recognised. Please try again.[/COLOR]

Please Note: If you have had your appeal rejected and you have been told to enter your appeal on this site but keep receiving this message; please contact the operator that issued the charge for assistance.

The IAS will not have the information to assist you at this stage.

Operator Contact Details can be found at www.theipc.info/aos-members.

Comment

Pm'd you M1

Not sure whether to put my questions here in full view or not as I'm still in AAD being chased by banks and solicitors mode where I wouldn't want them seeing what was what

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
                            Pm'd you M1

Not sure whether to put my questions here in full view or not as I'm still in AAD being chased by banks and solicitors mode where I wouldn't want them seeing what was what
                            Sorry meant to ask what the strategy is as daughter obviously was over her time and they have the evidence to prove it

Also although I'm getting an error message thrown up when and if it allows me to appeal I assume I should say that my son wasn't the driver and it was my daughter ?

Keep the drivers id quiet as the strategy is to have them commit to their case that they are employing the protection of freedoms act (keeper liability) then we look at whether they have met the requirements, which i doubt, and we attack their case on the faults as the keeper only has liability if it's faultless.

Even if the keeper loses they can name the driver and absolve themselves of blame.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                              Sorry meant to ask what the strategy is as daughter obviously was over her time and they have the evidence to prove it

Also although I'm getting an error message thrown up when and if it allows me to appeal I assume I should say that my son wasn't the driver and it was my daughter ?

Keep the drivers id quiet as the strategy is to have them commit to their case that they are employing the protection of freedoms act (keeper liability) then we look at whether they have met the requirements, which i doubt, and we attack their case on the faults as the keeper only has liability if it's faultless.

Even if the keeper loses they can name the driver and absolve themselves of blame.

M1
                              Ok what should I do about the error message on the appeals website ?

Comment

Working...
                              X