GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Contractual Parking Charge Notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contractual Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contractual Parking Charge Notice

Try again tomorrow and if nothing contact the parking firm and ask what the hell is going on.

M1

Comment

Ok will do and thanks, much appreciated :-)

Comment

OK it's working this morning and I've registered as appealing on behalf of someone else and have hit a problem regarding keeping the drivers id quiet. As a reminder my Daughter was driving Son's car
        This is one of the questions:

Was the appellant the driver at the relevant time?

What do I put ?

Thx

Comment

The appellant will be your son, no ? So the answer is no. If the ticket is in your daughters name then they already know the driver which is a bit off a hinderance.

M1

Comment

M1 thanks for all your help here. Greatly appreciated & good to see your knowledge being put to good use
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              The appellant will be your son, no ? So the answer is no. If the ticket is in your daughters name then they already know the driver which is a bit off a hinderance.

M1
              The appellant is my son and that's who the letter is addressed to as the car is registered in his name. As yet they don't know who was driving as all I have said as per your instructions originally is "the driver did not see any signs"

I'm only asking now because you said previously

"Keep the drivers id quiet as the strategy is to have them commit to their case that they are employing the protection of freedoms act (keeper liability) then we look at whether they have met the requirements, which i doubt, and we attack their case on the faults as the keeper only has liability if it's faultless.

Even if the keeper loses they can name the driver and absolve themselves of blame."

Now though they are asking me in the IAS appeals process the question directly "Was the appellant (i.e. my son) the driver at the relevent time ? "

I haven't answered yet as I thought I'd better check back with you first, though short of lying I can't put much else but no (he wasn't the driver) unless there's a way to get around it or leave blank

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
                The appellant is my son and that's who the letter is addressed to as the car is registered in his name. As yet they don't know who was driving

. . . . they are asking me in the IAS appeals process the question directly "Was the appellant (i.e. my son) the driver at the relevent time ? "

I haven't answered yet as I thought I'd better check back with you first, though short of lying I can't put much else but no (he wasn't the driver)
                I assume the "PCN" had a photo of the car on the way in and on the way out of the car park. They may have other photos.

If things get heavy (court) and they decided to enlarge the photo it would (maybe not) be clear that the driver behind the wheel was a male or female. Albeit it's not always easy to tell from the hair length

I'm going through a similar saga at the moment which thanks to M1 is firmly under control. My daughter was driving a car which is registered in both my and my daughter's name on DVLA. I've not told them who was driving/parking at the time. I did my appeal by post to avoid the online "computer says no" frustration.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  I assume the "PCN" had a photo of the car on the way in and on the way out of the car park. They may have other photos.

If things get heavy (court) and they decided to enlarge the photo it would (maybe not) be clear that the driver behind the wheel was a male or female. Albeit it's not always easy to tell from the hair length

I'm going through a similar saga at the moment which thanks to M1 is firmly under control. My daughter was driving a car which is registered in both my and my daughter's name on DVLA. I've not told them who was driving/parking at the time. I did my appeal by post to avoid the online "computer says no" frustration.

Plan B x
                  Yes pics on the charge notice but you can't tell on those but in any case it seems you have to say yes or no to the were you driving question so may as well be honest I assume.

Daughter Certainly doesn't want court over a £50.00 fine ( if paid in 14 days) but was going to just ignore it as she had heard that "there's nothing they can do and people she knows have ignored and got away with it" I wanted to check on here first and hopefully we can get the charge dropped with M1's help.

Comment

This goes from bad to worse.

Another charge notice arrived today for a different day. Longer time parked but same fine and same situation where daughter was driving sons car.

Can both be appealed ?

Will telling them that the appellant wasn't driving ruin our appeal ?

Good news is she's left that job now so there shouldn't be any more

Oh and her boyfriend still hasn't got any even though he's parked there many more times

Comment

Can both be appealed ?
                      Yes.They are both treated individually at all times.

Will telling them that the appellant wasn't driving ruin our appeal ?
                      No. If you tell them who was driving though, it'll make a victory significantly less likely for your daughter, although pretty certain for the registered keeper.

Follow the same script.

Comment

Hi M1,

Ok I'll appeal the new charge saying exactly what I said on the first which I assume will follow the same pattern and be rejected.

Re the 1st which has already been rejected I logged in to continue the appeal on there and on the question about who was driving the drop down gives " I am not prepared to say " I didn't see that before so I assume that is what I should choose so we're not giving anything away ?

Sorry for so many questions

Comment

That'll work.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 will get both done today

Comment

Done, in the end for ease I set up the account on the IAS website in my name but appealed as if I were my son and have stated I am not prepared to say under the who was driving question.

New charge appeal started using same script.

Think I'm in the wrong job though, there's 13 days between the 2 letters and the notice number has jumped by 12027 so at £50.00 min per charge that's £601350 if my maths is correct

Comment

Good luck with this xx
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X