GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gov. plans to restrict visits to GPs.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gov. plans to restrict visits to GPs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov. plans to restrict visits to GPs....

Anyone seen this?

38 Degrees | Don't cap our GP visits

This was (kind of ) forecast in a U-tube clip I watched last week about how this country would end up....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Gov. plans to restrict visits to GPs....

saw it yesterday!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Copied from Facebook....

OK : This needs your signature ......... seriously ..... already Baroness Warnock has stated that all demential patients should be obliged to Euthanise..... now the Tories are trying to reduce the number of visits to see a GP......

We are going to go like the US - charity hospitals - and those who can afford to pay insurance and get treatment.

I've a cat breeder friend in Florida that lost their home and business, the guy had a major heart attack ..... charity hospital confirmed his heart attack and told him to go home, take asprin and lie down.......... that will be the NHS in a few years time...

Dear
      This could be very serious. The Conservatives are floating plans to cap the number of times we are allowed to visit our GP. [1] If we run out of visits – because we've got a sickly child or long-term health condition, for example – we could be forced to pay to go elsewhere.

At the moment it's just a proposal. [2] But if the Conservatives don't see a big public backlash, it could soon be a grim reality. So let's raise an outcry as quickly as possible and push them to drop the idea immediately.

Please sign the urgent petition now: tell health minister Jeremy Hunt to rule out limiting our access to NHS GPs:

Jeremy Hunt will be watching the public's reaction carefully. He is an ambitious politician with an eye on his own popularity. If he sees a huge petition growing fast, he'll realise this is damaging his ratings. So if enough of us sign, we could play a key role in getting this idea dropped.

Being able to visit the family doctor when we need it is a bedrock of a decent health system. GPs are often our first port of call when we're ill. [3] Limiting access to GPs could mean a dangerous illness is left undetected until it's too late – unless of course you've got private medical insurance…

But this isn't just about GPs. This is about a principle at the heart of our battle to protect the NHS. Since the NHS was created, everyone in Britain has been able to rely on visiting a doctor as often as we need to. Limiting access would undermine the NHS at its very foundations. So let's send the Conservatives a strong message: drop this terrible idea.

Thanks for being involved,

David, Rebecca, Travis, Blanche and the 38 Degrees Team

PS: Here’s what the chair of the Royal College of GPs said about these proposals: “This was obviously written by someone who has never been unwell, or has never met people who work in the health service." Let’s not let the idea get any further – please sign the petition now: 38 Degrees | Don't cap our GP visits

NOTES
      [1] Daily Mail: Fury as Tories look to limit the number of times you can see your GP each year:
      Fury as Tories look to limit the number of times you can see your GP each year | Mail Online
      Independent: Cap on number of GP visits being considered by Tories:
      Cap on number of GP visits being considered by Tories - Health News - Health Families - The Independent
      [2] The proposal is contained in a "Conservative Policy Forum" paper on NHS policy, you can see the whole thing here:
      Local Health | Conservative Policy Forum
      [3] See for example this campaign on the importance of going to see your GP early if you could have symptoms of bowel cancer:
      Symptoms of colon and rectal cancer - Cancer Information - Macmillan Cancer Support
      Remember the mantra:

Comment

It's a crazy idea - sick people will go to A & E instead which is open 24/7.

Comment

The Gov. seems to want to kill us off..... what a ludicrous idea!!
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

I saw this at the weekend. Just makes you wonder what else the government is going to do which will hurt the sick and vulnerable.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
              The Gov. seems to want to kill us off..... what a ludicrous idea!!

Time to kill off this government = elections

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                Time to kill off this government = elections
                Definitely!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

It's all their sick Welfare Reform plans. They need to be overthrown...Something like what Egypt has just done.
                  I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

It is true and a lot worse with s75 of health and social care act 2013 which gives the private sector carte blanche to charge whatever they please for their services.

Comment

Furthermore not sure if you saw Cameron state this but he said the british public pay 5k every year for their healthcare so will this stop once private healthcare is in full swing?

Comment

Did he not backtrack on this when news got out? I seem to remember something that had to be backtracked on.... not sure if this was it or not.

Having experienced private healthcare (though work) and NHS healthcare in recent months, my confidence in the Gov. and the NHS has been slashed to bits. One of the things I'm currently being treated for was only picked up through a private appt. The NHS had missed it for years and certain blood tests don't seem to be available on the NHS at all.

Bad times.....
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

I agree, I had private health care through work for the last 20 years up until 2 years ago, and my God the difference is huge.

Every time I've attended (several different hospitals) I've had to complain about something, whether it's been crap treatment, long waiting times, lost files, wrong diagnosis and sheer bloody uncaring rudeness.

I have several friends, who have worked their way up in the NHS over 30 years, and they agree with me, they know they have been strangled by management over the labour years, money pouring in and straight into the pockets of medically unqualified managers. Money spent on ridiculous things when you can't get decent treatment for a broken ankle. The NHS panders to the drug companies, who are in turn only interested in complicated drugs which will cost the NHS a fortune and only help a few folks, why do you think there is no better pain relief available for severe pain?

There is no way they will do this as it goes against all the original principles of the NHS and too many peeps would take to the streets, but the whole lot of the NHS need to pull up their socks and fast, it's a money pit and the present system simply is not affordable over the long term.

Comment

Working...
                          X