GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script post menopause (strange head feeling) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post menopause (strange head feeling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post menopause (strange head feeling)

If this should be in the health section then please move it , but i thought as this is women only i would post it here.

Right then, since August last year i have been getting this strange head sensation , its when i turn from side to side i feel all buzzy on the top of my head, not dizzy but buzzy .

Been to the docs and had blood pressure taken standing sitting and both perfect , my heart is good , nothing wrong with my ears, she even tested for brain tumor as this was my first worry and my doc said it is usually the case when something is not right with your head lol .

All tests are fine, i have had a thryroid test done and come back clear , so im healthy .

BUT this head thing , it just has to be a post menopause symptom or anxiety and stress related which i think goes with menopause.

I was prescribed medication for anxiety but haven't taken any yet i am too scared of side effects.

Men if your reading this , thank your lucky stars you are not a woman because believe me you would not cope with menopause .

Re: post menopause (strange head feeling)

I haven't had buzzy but I am ditzy honestly , I get on my nerves , and I am permanently warm.Good to know you are healthy xx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm warm all the time, MrD shivers, I'm, sweating buckets.

suppose I will save not having to buy gloves and scarves etc

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

Men if your reading this , thank your lucky stars you are not a woman because believe me you would not cope with menopause .
        LOL .....You tried living with one .............
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thank you for replying , its my 5th year post menopause and this is the worse i have felt, i thought symptoms settled down post menopause but loads of people say not but it does get better and then eventually go can take ten years, this is bad news for me as i started the change age 36 and i just turned 50

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            LOL .....You tried living with one .............
            ha ha i thought it would get a reaction

Comment

I started mine mid 40's, got through it, then had a hysterectomy and suffered again for a year, got through it, got breast cancer, suffered and am still sufferring a little bit. I get the dizziness etc and was diagnosed with Labrynthitis a few years ago, an attack is horrid, luckily they are few and far between.

Comment

I was diagnosed with Labrynthitis a good few years ago, I have since stopped using anything with ASPARTAME (sweetener) in it and have be fandabbydozy

it's a bloody nightmare going out for a drink as most diet drinks have it in so have to ask to see the bottle to check the ingredients

Comment

Really ? that's weird because if I think back it started after I gave up sugar and started on the Hermesetes, that is seriously weird.

Comment

mostfood/ drinks containing sweeteners now have it in , in some way or another

Comment

been tested for all sorts and all fine. i do think its stress related but also i think its post menopause symptoms, my goodness when i first started in peri i felt like my balance was off and felt like i was walking side ways, people laugh when i tell them this but it was horrendous. That is fine now its just the head thing ha ha . Some days are better some worse , but with my youngest leaving home Saturday and his girlfriend being a pain in the arse with her attitude she isn't talking to us now lol , so it makes it difficult for our son , i enjoy the peace and quiet but not knowing when he will come and see us is quite stressful , he's still my boy lol

Comment

S2M they were my symptoms, do you drink diet, low fat or sugar free drinks or eat diet foods, if so check the label if sugar is replaced by sweetener or it states the sweetener is Aspartme then try not using it for a while and see how you go. just Google Aspartame

please let me know,

Ps it doesn't show up in tests and Drs don't admit to knowing about it

Comment

I've developed a kind of backtaste where anything unnatural is in stuff..............it's a bit weird but I couldn't look at a ready meal of any description and have to cook everything from scratch or put up with the "taste" at the back of my throat. Has helped me lose weight though but it is a bit of a mare eating out, I'm doing the cook's interrogation stuff and hey who wants to admit they buy in ready made anything.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                            S2M they were my symptoms, do you drink diet, low fat or sugar free drinks or eat diet foods, if so check the label if sugar is replaced by sweetener or it states the sweetener is Aspartme then try not using it for a while and see how you go. just Google Aspartame

please let me know,

Ps it doesn't show up in tests and Drs don't admit to knowing about it

Morning, no i don't because i found out they were causing me headaches about ten years back to i do check the labels , it could be some sort of food though someone suggested rice ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                              I've developed a kind of backtaste where anything unnatural is in stuff..............it's a bit weird but I couldn't look at a ready meal of any description and have to cook everything from scratch or put up with the "taste" at the back of my throat. Has helped me lose weight though but it is a bit of a mare eating out, I'm doing the cook's interrogation stuff and hey who wants to admit they buy in ready made anything.
                              I know what you mean here and i also cook from scratch i also found a nasty little additive in bread which is called calcium proprionate it is what they put in to stop mould, but farmfoods sell bread made by Hovis and it doesn't have it in and its 2 for a quid

I know what you mean about eating out too , my dad had his birthday meal at a certain carvery and i every time i eat there i get a migraine so i just went for a drink not risking a migraine .

Comment

Working...
                              X