GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script changing from a variable to fix rate with same lender - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing from a variable to fix rate with same lender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing from a variable to fix rate with same lender

hi
    i have just recieved a phone call from my mortgage company (santander) offering me a 2.9% fixed rate i am on a 4.74% variable at the moment the only questions he asked was if i had ever been bankrupt or had ccj's which i don't have either of, but i do have defaults... 5 of them will they do a credit check on me even though i have never missed any payments on the mortgage i would be reducing the monthly payments and i would not be asking for anymore money i have said i need to think it over but i don't want to alert santander to my credit card UE problems
    thanks carol01
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Re: changing from a variable to fix rate with same lender

No, santander do an In house Switch, no credit checks are needed, you will be fine.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      santander do an In house Switch, no credit checks are needed.
      I agree. In fact why would they ask you if you've got any CCJs or ever been BR if they could find that out in a credit search

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        No, santander do an In house Switch, no credit checks are needed, you will be fine.
        yay!!! thankyou so much he is coming next monday but phoning friday to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
          I agree. In fact why would they ask you if you've got any CCJs or ever been BR if they could find that out in a credit search
          it was what they asked on the phone i don't know why he did ask about defaults so i never said anything about them

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
            he is coming next monday but phoning friday to confirm
            Who is coming next Friday? Is it a surveyor to do a valuation update

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
              Who is coming next Friday? Is it a surveyor to do a valuation update
              they are sending a mortgage advisor out

Comment

Working...
              X