GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice Needed on Egg Agreement is it enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Needed on Egg Agreement is it enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice Needed on Egg Agreement is it enforceable?

Yes it's enforceable. It's from 2008 so s.127(3) doesn't apply.

Sorry.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cozza7293 View Post
      I am being pursued through Court for the balance. Could you advise on the enforceability.
      Hello and to AAD.

If you've had a county court claim issued can you tell us what date is on the claim form so we can help you negotiate your way out of this misery if possible before the Claimant seeks a Default Judgement against you. You may be able to settle using a Tomlin Order which means you won't get a CCJ on your CRA file.

Who currently owns this debt?

Comment

this loan was handed over to Moorgate from Egg and I am being pursued through Court for the balance.
        May I just check whether this is a secured loan?

Comment

Egg only gave unsecured loans.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This will apply -> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Egg only gave unsecured loans.

All the more reason to avoid a CCJ and a subsequent charging order.

Comment

Almost impossible to defend. Agree a settlement monthly before a claim is issued.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Almost impossible to defend. Agree a settlement monthly before a claim is issued.

From what the OP has previously posted I get the feeling that the claim may have already been issued hence my immediate concern

I am being pursued through Court for the balance.

Comment

Ok I'll explain. It was done after 2007 so forget s.127. You might be able to argue other points but it's risky. For instance the lack of cancellation terms IS de minimis as they DID appear online in a drag display box with r/h pull bar in the middle of three agreement boxes. The top box was the loan terms; the middle was cancellation & the bottom was the agreement (type your name & tick box to agree to our terms)....

its not worth fighting. Walk away. £1pm is better than a CCJ.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      From what the OP has previously posted I get the feeling that the claim has already been issued hence my immediate concern
                      ok file the AoS and admit the claim and make an offer. Or deal direct with claimant to sort the "dispute" (claim)....

Comment

Already in Court - Moorgate Britannia apparently. "own" the debt . The claim was raised in August last year then got struck
                        Out as they didn't abide by Court orders. They then applied for it to be reinstated and the judge let them. They also do not have a copy of the default notice. It is unsecured. Hearing is in 2 weeks .

Comment

The claim was raised in August last year then got struck out as they didn't abide by Court orders. They then applied for it to be reinstated and the judge let them .

Why was it struck out? Be specific if you can. And why was it reinstated?

Comment

Moorgate Britannia apparently "own" the debt . The claim was raised in August last year then got struck
                            Out as they didn't abide by Court orders. They then applied for it to be reinstated and the judge let them .
                            When did Egg sell the account to Moorgate Britannia and did you receive a Notice of Assignment at the time?

Comment

It was struck out because they didn't respond and pay the fee to the court in time. Northampton cc issued an unless order that they failed to abide by. They argued it should be reinstated because of the "overriding objective" and the Judge agreed.
                              I will have to check
                              The dates when it was sold to Egg and I don't believe I ever received an NOA no.

Comment

Working...
                              X