GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest reduced cc limit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest reduced cc limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest reduced cc limit

Mt wife has had a credit card with Natwest for 20 plus years , it's always been run in a good manner. Now we recive a letter saying that her credit limit has been lowered becuase of credit scoring. It was lowered by about £400 but the funny thing is show owes Natwest on a business loan ( in partnership) over a £1.4 million. You would think they would not bother!!!

Is it worth banging a letter of to them and if so is there a template I can use.

Thanks

Similar thread is here: ---> lowest % they will take
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 28 June 2011, 12:49. Reason: added link

Re: Natwest reduced cc limit

Why bother. Close the account and switch to another card provider. When you do, make sure you write a stinking letter to the CEO at Gnatwest.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      Why bother. Close the account and switch to another card provider. When you do, make sure you write a stinking letter to the CEO at Gnatwest.
      Not that simple I'm afaird , becuase of the number of defaults I've picked up though the unenforcability route I've taken with my cards she is slightly tarred with my brush!!!!

So has anybody had success in complianing about these things?

Comment

Why is she tarred with your brush? Did you have joint accounts or mortgage etc?

As to your question, nope, you cannot force the bank to reinstate the credit limit as its their money and entirely at their discretion.

Comment

Theyve reduced the limit as a result of the data feeds (obviously) - so you must be financially linked.

I've replied to your other thread about this
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Theyve reduced the limit as a result of the data feeds (obviously) - so you must be financially linked.

I've replied to your other thread about this
            Yep we are linked, but she would say I just a liability

Comment

They all say that when the money runs out mate

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                Now we recive a letter saying that her credit limit has been lowered becuase of credit scoring
                You're lucky that Natwest bothered with the courtesy of sending you a letter.

Amex just cut my limit with no warning and no letter, I found out when using my card to pay for some fuel and it got rejected!

You'll be lucky to get them to reconsider tbh. I'd take it as a positive thing that your possible credit line has been reduced by £400 though if your OH has a business loan of £1.4m I guess creditors wouldn't be bothered by that

Best

SnV
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  You're lucky that Natwest bothered with the courtesy of sending you a letter.

Amex just cut my limit with no warning and no letter, I found out when using my card to pay for some fuel and it got rejected!

You'll be lucky to get them to reconsider tbh. I'd take it as a positive thing that your possible credit line has been reduced by £400 though if your OH has a business loan of £1.4m I guess creditors wouldn't be bothered by that

Best

SnV
                  As I say the funny thing is both the credit card and business loan are with Natwest. I must be getting old though in the good old days your bank manager would have been informed and as a good customer he/she would have sorted this sort of stupidity. These days bank manager are just insurance salesmen, who cant even get a £5 chq cleared!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                    These days bank manager are just insurance salesmen, who cant even get a £5 chq cleared!!!
                    A £5 cheque? You're lucky they haven't ditched them yet!
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, and people used to hold bank managers in great esteem. Sadly we're not really customers anymore, whatever they say, we're financial figures.

Nowadays if you are what used to be considered a really good customer - you don't have loans, you keep your balance in credit, you repay your Access Card religiously every month (remember them?), then in the bank's view you're a terrible customer for the simple reason they can't make any money out of you.

Comment

My elder brother has a lifelong friend who spent the whole of his working life in banking , reaching quite a high level, Midland Bank subsequently HSBC. He openly says that he is very glad to be out of it, these days they are not bankers, they the worst kind of second hand car salesmen from whom you would never buy a car.

And thats one of their own!!

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Working...
                        X