GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander 123 card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander 123 card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander 123 card

Our joint account is with Santander and is fine - we have a small savings account attached to it and no overdraft - we have had it for over 9 years. Out of the blue they sent us an email saying did we want a credit card - I resisted for ages but in a slightly drunken state on Good Friday evening I thought what the hell and applied on line.

Once I came to the end of the application screen it just said thanks for filling it in and you might hear from us for extra questions or alternatively your card and pin should arrive under separate cover within 10 working days. I did then receive an email that thanked me for my application and said I would be hearing from them in the next few days.

I've heard nothing - no more emails; no phone calls and obviously no letters or card arriving....

How long does it usually take to hear back do you think - surely I wont just receive a card in the post? Do they always have to let you know if they reject you?

I did do a credit search on check my file (I know I know) and under equifax I scored over 900 and I believe Santander use them as their credit search vehicle.
    with experian I was a dreadful 380

Jane x

Re: Santander 123 card

Answered my own question - came home tonight to a declined letter they now also check Experian!

Jane x

Comment

Re: Santander 123 card

Santander ONLY use Experian. The ONLY way to beat the system with an offer is online. If you login and click "offers" (right hand side) it'll show you any offers. If you ever get a guaranteed offer for the 123 card RING the bank. Pre approvals are exempt online as the bank uses last feed vs account conduct which online bypasses (and does a search).

Click the overdraft link (left side of screen) and enter £100. If you see "sorry we can't do this online ring xxxxxx" then the feed as at last update wasn't good. An OD is based 100% on internal
      and feed score so no search is conducted if you do what I suggest above.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X