GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclay's Basic Account Application - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclay's Basic Account Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival
    replied
    Re: Barclay's Basic Account Application

ooooooh a proper debit card!!!!!!!

I'll let you know what happens

Leave a comment:

• Survival
    replied

ah ok, well I only work 3 days usually a week, and i've opted to work mon-weds, so tomorrow i may as well be brave enough to venture into my local and try get this account.

Leave a comment:

• Survival
    replied

Can I apply for this account, as in get the application form, and return it, without seeing an actual advisor to be judged for my lack of credit worthiness?

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

OK - I've had a friend apply for one of these accounts, and they were successful - no problems!

It would appear the lady at my local branch is talking excrement from the nether regions of a bovine animal.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

I wasn't applying for it, I've already got a parachute with them. I'll enquire further next time I'm there and see what they say. I agree it sounds crazy.

Easily tested, I'll get someone to apply without the letter who should be accepted and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
    Could well be, but it is what I was told by a manager of the aforementioned bank.
    I think you've just been had mate. Only mistake you made was believing a bank mate

Leave a comment:

• Riz
    replied

That sounds utterly nuts.

Not heard of any of that re Barclays basic accounts before.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

Could well be, but it is what I was told by a manager of the aforementioned bank.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

What is this? A bank cannot refuse an application based on how you applied.

I'm confused as to the relevance; you can apply via phone, Internet or in branch for EVERY Barclays account. The way you get a basic account online is to request a pack via contact us.

Whatever the above is about, is not only unlawful but also prejudice.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    started a topic Barclay's Basic Account Application

Barclay's Basic Account Application

I posted before about people being more likely to be accepted for one of these if they picked up a from from their branch and sent it in.

Barclays now have a new criterion, so still pick up your form from your local branch, BUT when you submit it, it MUST be accompanied by a letter stating why you couldn't pick it up in person from your local branch.

Good reasons may include:
    Need to stay at home to care for someone or due to own disability.
    Shift work prohibits you getting into the branch.
    Normal working hours stop you getting to a branch.

I am advised by a branch manager that medical reasons are more likely to be accepted than others, so thinking caps on folks - let's come up with some good reasons!
Working...
X