GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Had IVA - which ex creditors allow fresh start after 6 years - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had IVA - which ex creditors allow fresh start after 6 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had IVA - which ex creditors allow fresh start after 6 years

I understand that after 6 years my credit file will be clean, but which of my ex creditors will allow a fresh start after 6 years

Interested in
    Barclays/Barclaycard - Most of my debts were with barclaycard, no barclays account pre IVA
    Tesco
    HSBC - they seem very strict, so I'm guessing no way
    Santander cards/bank

I can report that capitalone\luma seem very forgiving, they gave me a decent limit about 18 months after the IVA despite being a creditor

I'm tempted to move my banking to Barclays(currently lloyds), but worry that I'll forvever be a marked customer, in terms of getting chequebook contactless card small od etc

Thanks for reading

Re: Had IVA - which ex creditors allow fresh start after 6 years

Barclays are ok. Separate to Barclaycard but have heard of stories where RoSO was applied.

You're best looking at Barclays & Natwest. Both issue contactless cards - chequebooks aren't a necessity now but you can order them easily enough if you get the full account. If they refuse a full account you'll be offered cash card account (with visa debit / contactless) - and Barclays will upgrade after a year to a full account.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good to know thanks

I actually have a full account with Lloyd's, but also the dreaded CPD marker, and from what I hear the IVA hangs around in internal scoring pretty much forever

I've heard Barclay's are quite forgiving, in terms of once 6 years are up they don't hold it against you,is this what you understand ?

It us quite frustrating that almost 2 years after discharge from IVA and running a couple of credit builder cards well(no lates,always pay in full) I'm still a bank account leper for none basic accounts. I had hoped full accounts would be easier post discharge, albeit with no or very small overdraft

Comment

You'll know if you have CPD 99 by trying to upgrade your account. If it lets you then you've not got it. If it says sorry we can't upgrade then you will likely have it. Or try clicking (logged in) to bank accounts and if it says "sorry we can't offer a secondary account" then CPD likely applies.

Barclays are ok. I've had 2 accounts for a year and just got upgraded to full accounts. But I do have 12 various full accounts and 10+ live defaults but flew through credit score for basic account and now have two full accounts. To be fair I don't use them much as my main account is Santander 123 account. I also have 2 full Natwest accounts as well as many others

Its not a case of them being forgiving - it's a case of them storing your data for less time (internally)
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          You'll know if you have CPD 99 by trying to upgrade your account. If it lets you then you've not got it. If it says sorry we can't upgrade then you will likely have it. Or try clicking (logged in) to bank accounts and if it says "sorry we can't offer a secondary account" then CPD likely applies.

Barclays are ok. I've had 2 accounts for a year and just got upgraded to full accounts. But I do have 12 various full accounts and 10+ live defaults but flew through credit score for basic account and now have two full accounts. To be fair I don't use them much as my main account is Santander 123 account. I also have 2 full Natwest accounts as well as many others

Its not a case of them being forgiving - it's a case of them storing your data for less time (internally)
          Don't think it's a CPD99 (as went from classic to classic with vantage, and looks like I could get packaged), but even the 'free' £25 or £50 overdraft is a no-no on my accounts, I asked and apparently there is a CPD flag

I realize they're not forgiving in the sense of deliberately being nice, but obviously some banks are quicker to apply the never ever lend marker than others, some it will be just not in the design, in others it will be part of a overly (IMHO) strict lending criteria, where they decide never to lend to someone who was ever formally insolvent

Just out of interest was Santander one of the companies you defaulted against ?

Comment

They only use two CPD markers. Typically it's 99 else it's fraud which is CPD98.

CPD99 is per product so it may just be on loans, or cards or banking (inc overdraft). CPD98 is a block against anything - usually means they've added a CIFAS or think fraud (albeit account exists)!

The CPD99 alters monthly with the credit feed from CRA's so could alter after 21st of month. CPD98 doesn't alter until manual review / underwriting authorise.

Santander are hard - I only had 3 defaults when I got that and all were +3 years old.

Stop worrying about the IVA - that won't be affecting you now. Try a better bank like Natwest or Barclays!!

Comment

The IVA will show until 2019 (iva was 2013-2014, full and final,rather than normal 5 year) unfortunately, this seems to pre decline me for a full account with most banks

Will give NatWest/rbs a go over weekend

Comment

This answers your question - from the horses mouth --> http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/q...kjames291.html

I'd try Natwest over RBS - just go for a classic as you can upgrade later

If they say no appeal highlighting the fact you cleared a 5 year agreement within a year - worth a shot. Appeal template is here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ll=1#post54045

Comment

Working...
                X