GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds whacked a CIFAS Cat 6 no one will let me have an account. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds whacked a CIFAS Cat 6 no one will let me have an account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds whacked a CIFAS Cat 6 no one will let me have an account.

Lloyds sent me a letter out of the blue stating that they were closing all bank accounts I have with them in 60 days. After much investigation it seems that I have found the problem.

I was a company Director and Shareholder until June 2013. I resigned and sold the company on the stock change and was acquired by someone else. I had no interest in the bank account.

The company was recently involved in what Lloyds describe as fraudulent activity with a PayPal account which has been left at a large negative balance.

Lloyds have put a marker on me after being contacted by PayPal and Lloyds having me listed still as a Director and Shareholder. I have explained I am not which can be verified by checking Companies House but they have said the answer is full and final and are persistence that I am the Director and Owner and are not going to reverse any decision.

I have written to Lloyds but they have stated they are sticking to their guns. It appears as though after resigning my name was left on the bank account and this is why I have been reported to CIFAS.

What can I do to try and get this removed as Lloyds have said there is no chance of getting it removed!

Thanks and sorry for such a bummer of a first post

Re: Lloyds whacked a CIFAS Cat 6 no one will let me have an account.

Were you the director at the time the account opened? If so then you're linked whether you're now the director or not if you didn't disassociate yourself properly. That's what CIFAS is all about.

A company bought you out and you were listed with shares yet they went and stole from PayPal - I don't think so.

The bank account should have been closed and a new one opened when you sold. Business accounts operate differently.

So I presume the bank think that you own or are part of this new entity and used the original account to fund the deception. To argue it you'd need to send evidence (not talk) to their fraud team and a copy to CIFAS arguing that you relinquished any responsibility with the firm on X date which was X years prior to this fraud occurring.

However if you've used the account or got statements that won't work and you're screwed (why use an account that isn't yours? It's fraud)....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Lloyds whacked a CIFAS Cat 6 no one will let me have an account.

For now continue emailing. We can update this thread later. I've asked more questions privately by email.

Thanks.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X